What do you do when you get exhausted?

Kim27sd
on 10/27/08 3:45 am - Sioux Falls, SD
I work out 5 days a week sometimes 6 and for some reason this last week by the time friday came around I couldn't have been happier to get my workout over with, which is usually not the case. What do you do when you get exhausted, and don't feel like working out? I was thinking about taking a week off but then I would obess about every single thing I put into my mouth. I am wondering also if it could be my b12? I get a shot the first of every month and since it is getting so close wondering if  I am getting wore out and need to up the dosage. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Scott William
on 10/27/08 4:07 am
Sometimes you really just need a break.  I have found that I have not gone more than 4 months of constant running without taking a week off.  It just seems to happen that way.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
saxman007
on 10/27/08 7:55 am - Port Huron, MI
 I agree with Scott.  You do need to take breaks from time to time.  One of my best bike rides was after 3 weeks of not riding -- I put the hurt on the guy who was leading me all summer long .  To me one of the strangest things preparing for my marathon was the thought of tapering.  I went from running 40 miles/week to running about 17 then only about 6-10 the week of.  As I stood at the start line I was really doubting it, but when I got to mile 20 I felt great.  If you're feeling tired/bored take a couple days off -- you'll be amazed at how much stronger/faster you are the next time you work out.
--Sax
MaryS
on 10/27/08 9:41 am - Long Island, NY
I go with the take a break suggestion. If you don't want to take a some time off, maybe just try cutting back on your workouts. Maybe go for a leisurely walk instead of an intense work out. Your body does need the rest also. Best of luck.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Linn D.
on 10/27/08 10:41 am - Missoula, MT
Recovery might be an issue as well.  Before I started eating right after my workouts, by the end of the week I was pretty tired.  If you're not restoring glycogen, then you really don't have anything to fuel your workouts later on.

I also tend to get low iron, so that's something I watch pretty carefully as well when I'm feeling worn out or run down.

Of course, a slow week every 4-5 is also good for recovery.

Linn
Kim27sd
on 10/28/08 2:27 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Thank you for your suggestions. I have decided to finish this week out with the regular workouts and then next week just walk and not lift weights or run. 

Have a great week!

Kim

Most Active