Weekend Wokouts

Linn D.
on 10/26/08 12:08 pm - Missoula, MT
After having a bit of an off week (Wed and Thurs workouts didn't happen because of early morning studying), I managed my long run yesterday.  12 miles in 1 hr 47 minutes.  I did the run at 6.7 with minute spurts at 7.0 every 5 minutes for the first 30, every 10 minutes for the next hour, and every 5 minutes the next 30.  finished it out at 6.7.  This is the best I've felt on a long run in nearly a month!  But boy are my legs sore today.  Almost can't wait until tomorow...

Linn 
panhead58fl
on 10/26/08 4:33 pm - Barboursville, WV
Hi Linn,

I did my long run Sat. 16 miles in 2:36. Would have been faster but I spent a few minutes picking my ass up off the side walk and after being able to get oxygen back in my lungs again, continued my run. I wasn't paying attention and caught my toe on a piece of uneven side walk. Tried to take a quick step and catch myself but didn't quite make it, went down hard, luckily I caught my self with my face, well also my rib cage,hands and my knees. I look and feel like I have been in a fight. Not only did I hit the side walk but I was so close to a buliding I fell into it as well. Only real harm done was to my glasses. I tried to straighen them but couldn't so after I gathered my self and figured out no one saw me and I was going to live, I took off my glasses and finished my run. I was just a little over a mile from my car at that point so I really didn't have much of an option. When I got close to my car I only had 3/4 of a mile to make 16 so I decided to go ahead and do it. I recovered from the run rather well today but my hands and ribs are sore. Then to add insult to injury I ate something last evening that didn't agree with me and only able to sleep for a couple of hours. Every time I would lay down the pain would get worse, so I went to sleep sitting up in my recliner at about 5 am and then of course I woke up at 7:30 when my wife got up. Up until my fall I was having a good run. This coming Sunday I am doing a half marathon, last I heard there are over 1000 already signed up. The largest run I have done to date had 350 in it, so this will be new for me.

pan head
MaryS
on 10/26/08 9:50 pm - Long Island, NY
Yesterday I went to the gym and did 25 min on the arc trainer and a 1hr 15 min yoga class. It was a great workout!

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Rob S.
on 10/26/08 11:28 pm - DE
This weekend I did 7.5 miles on Saturday (next week is 15!).  We started at 6am and it was so dark I didn't even realize my Garmin was on pause.  By time it got light we were done.  It is really a pain running in the dark, and fairly dangerous.  I spent the rest of the day shoveling and hauling compost to our garden.
On Sunday, I got to the gym at 8am.  It was a ghost town.  I did my 30-minute exercise routine, and then hit the foam roller, or it hit me for about 15-minutes.  I then did a quick 3-miles around the track since I was feeling snippy.  I hate running tracks since you are always turning, but it's better than a treadmill, I guess.
That's it for the weekend.
Rob
jon1970
on 10/27/08 9:26 am
Ran 10.5 miles Saturday 2;02:48

5k on sunday  29:22

I have a cold kicking my butt today so I blew off run club. I am planning to get to master swim @ 7:30.

Jon
Most Active