Bike trainer..

Mifiremedic
on 10/26/08 8:05 am - MI
Well as motivation to get my rear back in gear in hopes of completing this years goal, I purchased a highly recommended indoor bike trainer. It should keep me motivated during the winter months. I even went out and purchased a new 32" flat panel TV for the workout room.

I have been doing the Spinerval DVD's, and really enjoy it. After this mornings ride, I did a short one mile brick run on the treadmill. Tomorrow I will throw in better eating habits.

Steelhead HIM 2009, here I come
Linn D.
on 10/26/08 11:55 am - Missoula, MT
Have fun with it, Curt!

I'm thinking HIM Boise is going to be too soon for me with my school load, but Calgary is in August giving me the summer to train.  I'm still going to have to work, but I can manage training if all I'm doing is work.  This school stuff takes a lot more time than I remembered...

Linn
kypdurran
on 10/27/08 8:02 am - Baton Rouge, LA
Spinervals rock!  
cloans40
on 11/1/08 11:09 am
What are spinervals?? Where can I purchase them??
Mifiremedic
on 11/1/08 8:30 pm - MI
http://www.spinervals.com/

cloans40
on 11/2/08 12:41 am
Thanks..Which would be a good beginner dvd?? I cannot  tell.Thanks
Mifiremedic
on 11/2/08 12:46 am - MI
Yeah, I agree, the website doesnt do a very good job of pointing out which are for beginners. My suggestion is to just click on some, and read the contents, and see who its intended for. I wouldnt go with a specialized one just yet. Find an aerobic one, and try it first, then move on from there.

Wish I could help more than I did.
cloans40
on 11/2/08 1:52 am
Thanks, I found a couple... One more question ..I have a Proform stationary bike and was wondering can I use this bike to start.. It says you can use stationary bike but I was unsure if they meant the  stationary spinning bikes. What kind of bike did u use?? I hope my questions do not seem silly... Thanks
Mifiremedic
on 11/2/08 1:08 am - MI
On the DVD that I have, they show people on all kinds of bikes, both stationary and road bikes.

I have a Cervelo triathlon bike that I put on my new Kinetico fluid bike trainer..
cloans40
on 11/2/08 1:13 am

Thanks sooo much!!! I am going to purchase a dvd today and get going. I am still saving for  my surgery because I am self-pay and decided to get consistant with exerise and drop some weight before my surgery by no later than March.

Most Active