As for IMAZ training...

Sherry_Berry
on 10/25/08 7:24 am - Dacula, GA
I was on my way to all3sports to get some nutrition pills...

I got into an accident on the interstate. on Thursday  Some as$-hole was about to merge INTO me, I went left, lost control and ended hitting a guard rail facing Northbound in the Southbound breakdown lane.

Lucky for me guy didn't run and stopped. He admitted fault to the popo.

I'm now on muscle relaxers and am allowed to swim a measly 800M tomorrow.

I was supposed to ride 3.5 fast today followed by 40 minute run.
Tomorrow I was supposed to RACE a half mari.

Next weekend I was supposed to ride 100 followed by an 8 miler. I'm at a loss.

Bad timing. It coulda been a lot worse. I'm extremely LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad I'm racing IMAZ and not florida! That's next weekend.

I'm kinda moody atm...I blame it on the drugs.

It sucks. I don't feel sorry for myself...I'm just in a fog.

Good thing I was wearing my tough girl skirt and seatbelt! They saved my life!!!
MaryS
on 10/25/08 11:29 am - Long Island, NY
Sherry,

Sorry to hear this; thankfully you weren't badly hurt. Sounds like it was really scary. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

jon1970
on 10/25/08 2:31 pm
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. It was nice that the guy that caused the situation was a good one and stopped. I hope you have a speedy recovery. I am sure you will be sore but hopefully it will pass quickly. Follow your doctors orders and dont push back to fast.
DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/25/08 7:48 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Dang Girl! Glad you are ok. but I know you must be totally frustrated. Hang in there, let your body heal, and you will still tear it up. FYI.... I signed up for Louseville Full Iron for next August. Dude, I got some work to do. Anyways, I hope you are on the mend very shortly so you can get back to doing what you do. Take care and chin up....It's all good.

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Mifiremedic
on 10/26/08 9:40 am - MI
Sherry,

Sorry for your set back, but I have confident you will find a way to get over the injury, and get back in the saddle.
Linn D.
on 10/26/08 11:41 am, edited 10/26/08 11:42 am - Missoula, MT
Wow, Sherry!

Sounds like you were lucky to make it without a long stay in the hospital.

Sorry about the training hiccups.  Don't know what to say except that I hope you feel better enough soon.  But please, please don't do too much too soon.  I know you probably won't, but too many people do and they end up even worse for wear.  I'd much rather see you able to do this one in less than a PR if it means you're healthier for the next one.

Linn

kypdurran
on 10/26/08 12:38 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Sherry I'm so glad you are OK.   Shows you how important wearing your seatbelt is.   My ex-girlfriend did pretty much the exact thing you did, or so the cops tell us, and she wasn't so lucky.   She was partially ejected from the vehicle and she died on the scene.   It was so sad since all the EMTs and cops on the scene said she would have survived if only she would have been wearing her seatbelt. 

You have your base training in so don't sweat the speed stuff.   You're gonna do fine.

Rob S.
on 10/26/08 11:32 pm - DE

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.  Glad you weren't banged up too bad.  Hope that you can get back with your training shortly.  Seems like there is always something thrown in the way of training.
Rob

donnainhouston
on 10/27/08 1:22 am - League City, TX

Sorry about the incident, but very glad to read that you are safe.  You do what you can as best you can.  That's all you can do.  No doubt you will do great!

Donna

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

puddin2day
on 10/27/08 2:27 am - Los Angeles, CA
Sorry to hear about interuptions regarding your training.  Thank God that you are alright. 

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Most Active