Pumpkinman Triathlon (Vegas Baby!) Race Report

kypdurran
on 10/23/08 3:31 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Tri # 19 for 2008 complete.   This race was a helluva challenge and some of the guys that had done full course Ironman races said this race was more difficult than some of the full courses.    The bike had multiple, BRUTAL climbs up and around mountain hills and finished with a 6 mile, 8% grade climb, straight up, with no breaks at all, out of the valley to T2.   It was rediculous.   Top speed up that final hill?   3mph!  I struggled, but completed it and gained my club a point as we took home the Club National Championship for Division V.  

Full race report and pics are up at http://www.team464.com/pumpkinman2008/

Cheers!

Chad
www.team464.com

DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/23/08 1:09 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Nice report dude! Man that bike sounded like the meat grinder to end all others! There was a bike race this past weekend called the Peloxy Pedal....There is a hill there called "The Wall"......12% 3.5 miles!!! No Thanks! Holy cow. Chain brakes, people falling over, carnage everywhere...There were actually boy scouts passing out patches at the top to those who made it up....on their bikes. They had a lot of left over patches I understand. Anyways, great report...I got another sprint this weekend, I went and rode 2 loops around the trek, nowhere near as tough as your experience, but a bit of a challenge anyways. Have a good one my brother!

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

wjoegreen
on 10/23/08 10:30 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Way to hang in there.  You apparently earned the point.
I appreciate you sharing your experience. They are always a good read.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Seht
on 10/24/08 10:26 am
Another great report.

Congrats on your continued success.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 10/26/08 11:28 am - Missoula, MT
Sounds like quite a course!

I heard a few folks from the local club were going as well, but haven't heard anything from them.

Way to go and beat the course.  You never can tell what the body will do on any given day, but you finished a tough course.

Way to go, Chad!

Linn
Most Active