Tuesday Workouts...

DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/21/08 1:34 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Ok Guys....

Chime in and let us all know what you did today. I was a little short on time this morning, and had soccer practice this evening, but I managed to get in a 2600 meter swim (A little over 1.5 miles). Hope you all had a great day, and get out and enjoy the weather before winter is upon us!

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Elisa K.
on 10/21/08 9:49 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I did a 4 mile run after work. 
donnainhouston
on 10/21/08 10:24 pm - League City, TX
15 Minutes of Cardio Intervals, plus a training session -- LEGS!

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

Deanna34
on 10/22/08 12:53 am - Salem, OR
A 1-hour Spin class for me! 

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

puddin2day
on 10/22/08 2:20 am - Los Angeles, CA
I was on the rowing machine for 30 minutes.
Without struggle, there is no progress.

atechwoman
on 10/22/08 3:11 am
Newbie here - hope it's ok if I chime in too!  My husband & I did 45 min strength training on Tuesday.

Colleen
DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/22/08 5:27 am - Fort Worth, TX
Heck ya...Thanks for dropping the line! You are welcome to post and list your daily workouts....For me, it helps me stay accountable to myself. Welcome and best of luck...Don't be a stranger.

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

panhead58fl
on 10/22/08 6:39 am - Barboursville, WV

I hit the treadmill and did my "hill" work out. After warming up I cranked it to 6% and for 1200 meters, (1 mile), started out at 5.5 mph for the first half a mile and then 6 mph for the next half. To recover between hills I left the speed alone but cranked it down to 2 %. Back up the 6 % for 800 meters and 6.5 mph. Back down to 2 % and 6 mph to recover and for the last 400 meters back up to 6 % and 200 at 7 mph and the last 200 at 7.5 mph. Doesn't take very long but I can tell I have had a work out.

pan head

Angelaaangie
on 10/22/08 1:02 pm - Newark, NJ
Hey Family
I’ve just accomplished a WOW moment for myself. It may not seem interesting to anyone, but I’ve joined the gym last week and of course, I’m a little sore here and there and this and that hurts
(just a little)
I am aiming for Cardio on Tuesday and Thursday
Cardio with alternate targets of arms, stomach and thighs, MWF Well this past Tuesday was cardio and I walked 3.1 miles at a 7.0 incline of 3.0 mph and burned 520 calories. Like I said it may not seem like anything to you, but I’m proud of me
( go me, go me – I did it, go me)
I have to see the doctor next Tuesday and I know that I didn’t hit my personal goal of being at 175 or under, I don’t even think that I’ve dropped a pound at all, but I feel great, my skin feels a little different to me, so I’m going to try and tightened up my popeyed arm, sculpture some shape into my bulging thighs
and my six pack abs (hey I got them its just that they are in a deep freezer at the moment ) It's Time to defrost my fridge
donnainhouston
on 10/23/08 9:31 am - League City, TX

^5 from one Jersey-girl to another!

I don't care who you are!  It is a HUGE deal to make that first move to join a gym.  I remember starting out at an all female gym... then to a very small YMCA gym.  I remember when I moved to a larger YMCA gym it freaked me out!  I moved to another commercial gym and it was like moving to a new state and leaving friends behinnd.

Remember how you felt when you started.  How proud you are that you signed up and did something for you. When life gets in the way and motivation falters, remember that feeling you first had. It will get you through!

Your deep freeze comment made me snort-laugh!

Donna

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

Most Active