Question for the ladies

Kate U.
on 10/21/08 3:04 am - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Anyone have any suggestions on some sort of body suit I can be wearing under my clothes to keep my chest and stomach flappage to a minimum while running? It's starting to annoy me. I want something that's attached to the bra- similar to a one piece swimsuit in structure or something. I see all these tank tops with bras connected but they don't seem very supportive around the stomach.

Price doesn't really matter. I just need something that will actually work.

Thanks for your help!

Kate
Kate

Elisa K.
on 10/21/08 5:13 am - Lumberton, NJ
Are you wearing a good sports bra??  I have found that I am not so jiggly when I wear my sports bra (I wear champion underwear - I am a 34 D - my girls do not move when I run or dance - check out the website - all bras are $19.99).  If the girls are secure, the rest of my middle seems to behave.

I would start with a very supportive sports bra and see if that helps.  

Good luck!! 
donnainhouston
on 10/21/08 10:30 pm - League City, TX

I absolutely love my Enell bras.  They are pricey at $60 a pop, but I've found some on ebay a little cheaper.  If you are well-endowed, these are the way to go for sure. 

I have found, at Academy sports that their Maia style in Moving Comfort sports bras are pretty good too.  I wear these for cycling.  they come up a little higher in the front, and don't have a deep scoop.  This picture looks strange, but these are my second favorite and for half the price.

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

musicorrie
on 10/23/08 12:19 am - Houston, TX
Hi, Kate, I have a very similar question!!  My belly and legs are my issue, so I need a supportive lower-type garment.

I've been searching "compression garments" via Google... they're pretty expensive, but since they're made for post-plastic surgery compression, I'm sure they'd be crazy supportive.

I'm also wondering if body-shaping type things would work.  Like Spanx.  I don't know.

Let me know if you find something that works for you... running sure would be easier without so much floppage!
Spring has Sprung

Corrie T.

300/175/145
jj_in_CA
on 11/10/08 9:02 am - Gualala, CA
These might help...

http://www.amazon.com/Flexees-Waist-Nipper-Slimmer-Shapewear/dp/B000FOKW86/ref=sr_1_78?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1226365260&sr=1-78

---jan---

Linn D.
on 10/25/08 12:33 am - Missoula, MT
Hey Kate,

The flappage bothers me a lot as well.  My favorite tops to run in are triathlon tops.  I wear a good sports bra underneath (I wear the Hind Motion Sensor) and a tri top with a shelf bra.  The tri tops are compression tops and they really do help, but they cost about $70 in the stores and you have to buy them to fit knowing that they show your shape.  I get too hot to wear anything else over them, but if you're self-conscious you could.  I don't worry about it much anymore.  They're comfortable to me.  I tend to get sores under my breasts and this combination helps me a lot.

What bothers me even more is the area right under the tush.  I started wearing running skirts and just love them.

I've gotten tri outfits from Saucony (at the running store) and a tri outfit and and running skirts from SkirtSports (online).  Both the tri suits I have I bought both the bra top and the tank with a shelf bra.

Linn
Most Active