Moonshine Run - Hck!!

misstilly
on 10/19/08 9:49 am - Cosby, TN
Yep you read right (I happen to live in the Moonshine Capital) and we had a race on Saturday.  It was my first race since I hurt my knee in August.  I was planning on going out a running easy then pick it up the last 1mile, well that didn't happen.  I guess I was caught in the moment or something cause I started out doing a 9min mile then I was all over the place until about the last 1/2 mile when i pushed it to 8:40 mile.  I have the new gadget from Nike that hooks up to my IPOD and I thought it would help me with how fast I was running.  Well I checked it several times but I guess I didn't comprehend what it was saying.  I finished with a 28:46 which is a PR for me.  I was very happy with the time but boy was I exhausted.  This was my 4th 5K  and I know I should be getting better but my last race in August was 33:00 .  Do you think I am pushing it too hard. I am running another race the coming Saturday and it is a 8K.  That is my report for this race I gotta go a find my jug and have a little swig. HAHA

Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Most Active