Results from my first 5k Race

Kim27sd
on 10/18/08 2:56 am - Sioux Falls, SD
I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!!!!!!! I finished the 5k without walking!!!  And I wasn't the last one to finish the race!!! I don't know the last time I have been so proud of myself!! I was a little worried because by the time the race started my fingers and feet were frozen since it was like 40 degrees outside, but once I got going with my own steady pace in my own little world I was good to go. When the race first started I was telling myself don't worry about everyone else just do your thing and you will be good to go, then I started seeing myself seperate from the pack and started thinking oh my god I am going to be the last one! Then I calmed myself down and just kept reminding myself of all of the advice I had gotten from OH and other runners I know and just got into my pace and was jammin away with the tunes and didn't worry about it again the whole race.  I ran it in 32:40 which is about 11:03 per mile which I couldn't be happier with, now looking forward to improving on the next 5k race I will run. Thank you for all of the great advice, you were a great deal of help today!!

Elisa K.
on 10/18/08 7:10 am - Lumberton, NJ
Kim - that's awesome - congratulations!! 
Paige E.
on 10/18/08 10:14 am - TX
Woo hoo!!! You did fabulous with a time of 32min!  I am doing my first 5k in January and like you I want to be able to run the entire time and not walk!

~Paige~  -155lbs    (lovin' my band)   
At GOAL and BMI is healthy!!

jon1970
on 10/18/08 1:40 pm
Great job!
Cassie W.
on 10/18/08 10:31 pm
Congratulations Kim!  I love reading the race reports from 1st timers like you because the sense of pride and enthusiasm is so contagious.  By sharing your accomplishment, you'll help inspire others to follow in your footsteps.  Way to go!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

MaryS
on 10/19/08 6:27 am - Long Island, NY
Kim,

Super job! Congratulations.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

misstilly
on 10/19/08 8:32 am - Cosby, TN
Great job Kim.  So when is your next one?

Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Kim27sd
on 10/19/08 9:32 am - Sioux Falls, SD
I am not sure when my next 5k will be, probably in the spring since winter in approaching very quickly here. I still have about a month left to continue to run outside, but I haven't heard anything about another 5k in that time. During the winter months I will be pounding away on the treadmill improving my speed and distance since I will be training to become a police officer, and testing in the spring.  Will be looking forward to my next race.

Kate U.
on 10/21/08 2:49 am - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!!
Most Active