Lifetime Fitness anyone???

Paige E.
on 10/18/08 10:27 am - TX
I was just wondering if anyone out there is a member of Lifetime Fitness!  My daughter went to a swim party there today and we were in awe of the facilities there!!!!  My husband and I have been thinking about joining a health club.  However it will cost us over $100 a month to join as a family.  They have everything you can imagine and more!!! Plus my thought is that this would be a great way to get our kids active!  I don't want them to struggle like I have all my life!  They don't have weight problems right now and I'd like to keep it that way!!  My daughter (7) is active but my son (9) would much rather sit in front of the computer all day!!!  It's just alot of money and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

~Paige~  -155lbs    (lovin' my band)   
At GOAL and BMI is healthy!!

jon1970
on 10/18/08 1:38 pm
We are members in IL. It is a great club.

There are some annoying things at the childcare center the parent who drops off the kids must pick up the kids. Which is frustrating. When swim lessons are is session there are times they run out of towels. Both of which are small things but worth mentioning. Kids under 12 can not use the equipment which I sort of understand but trying to get my 9 year old active it would be nice if we could bring him up onto a treadmill or an excercise bike ocasionally.

We have been very pleased with our membership overall. I guess the determining factor as with any fitness center is how often you will use it.
Sherry_Berry
on 10/19/08 10:20 pm - Dacula, GA
I love Lifetime!

As for the kids, there are kiddie fitness programs at my gym!

As for the towels. If you're afraid of running out for swim lessons, then take 'em from the locker room :-)
jon1970
on 10/20/08 2:51 pm
The problem with the towels is that they run out in the locker rooms when swim lessons are in session they do not have enough towels to go around.

Our club has childrens fitness programs as well but they are at an additional charge.

As I said overall my experience with lifetime has been very good.

Sherry_Berry
on 10/20/08 10:15 pm - Dacula, GA
That's odd...my gym has LOADS and LOADS of towels! Maybe you can complain to the manager? They're always bringing clean/dirty towels back and forth from the laundry.
Most Active