Could someone recommend some good shoes to exercise in?

Jakimmi
on 10/16/08 11:41 pm - Fort Campbell, KY

I will be having my surgery (VSG) on the 27th of this month.  My feet start hurting/burning very quickly into doing much, also my feet fall completely flat when I walk.  Can anyone recommend some shoes that will be very supportive and not kill my feet??  Thank You!

Elisa K.
on 10/17/08 2:15 am - Lumberton, NJ
I would suggest going to a running specialty store and being fitted for shoes.  Don't go to a sporting goods chain - you need a specialty running store.  They will measure your feet, examine the wear on your old sneakers, and watch you walk to determine the best shoe for you.  I started running this past spring, and decided to get fitted for shoes.  What a difference the correct shoes make!!   

Running shoes are awesome for walking in!!  Good luck!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/08 2:24 am
I've had great success with New Balance Wide Width Walking Sneakers.  I purchased mine at Sports Authority.  I do not recommend Nike, they are designed for people with very narrow feet.  It took me forever to figure out why my toes always seemed to go numb after a long walk in my Nike shoes.
Seht
on 10/17/08 3:12 am
I also like the new balance, they are wider than the Nike shoes.

The suggestion about getting fit at a running store is great.
My local running store will put you on a treadmill and video tape so that they can watch your foot placement and then recommend a couple shoe models that will help you achieve proper foot strike on the ground.

The local store I use is heart and sole, I believe fleet feet also does this

I am talking about a real running store, not foot locker or one of those places.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

jj_in_CA
on 11/10/08 10:07 am - Gualala, CA
Which store in Santa Rosa?  I'll be in Cotati Saturday and need some shoes.  I'm just starting to incorporate running into my walking.

Thanks,
---jan---

---jan---

jj_in_CA
on 11/10/08 10:59 am - Gualala, CA
Clearly I need more protein today!  Sorry I see you posted where.  Thanks for the tip!
---jan---

---jan---

Rob S.
on 10/17/08 3:36 am - DE
I agree with the others.  Get fitted at a real running store.  They will size you with a shoe a lot larger than you anticipate.  Remember if you go to a running store, those people know feet.
Rob
Scott William
on 10/17/08 3:43 am
I agree with the running speciality store!  You will walk out feeling like you are walking on air.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Nicole2777
on 10/19/08 6:13 am - McRae, AR
VSG on 12/08/08 with
I went to Hibbett and man there looked at my feet and suggested Brooks Addiction due to having a high arch w/o weight on and almost flat wtih weight on.

I will be happy with thighs that don't touch!

Most Active