YIPPPEE - I can start running again Saturday

Cassie W.
on 10/16/08 9:07 am
When I finished my PT session today, the therapist said I can give running a try Saturday.  After iontophoresis, ultrasound, stretching and strength exercises, the hip is feeling better.  He said to just listen to my body and quit if it starts to hurt.

I've been using a foam roller every night and I think that has helped speed things along.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Rob S.
on 10/16/08 9:53 am - DE

Congratulations!  I'm starting with some foam roller exercises on Monday with my personal trainer.  See it wasn't that long was it!  Welcome back.  See you on the trail.
Rob

Elisa K.
on 10/16/08 11:07 pm - Lumberton, NJ
That's awesome Cassie!!  I had bronchitis in the summer, and couldn't run for about a month!  I was surprised at how much I missed it!  Just take things slow, and listen to your body. 

Have fun!!
wjoegreen
on 10/17/08 12:02 am - Colonial Heights, VA
YEA!!!  GO You!!!  but no marathon ok?
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
puddin2day
on 10/17/08 12:47 am - Los Angeles, CA
Cassie,

That is great news!  Glad you are back in the game.  Slow and easy.

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Seht
on 10/17/08 1:35 am
Congrats and welcome back to running.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

misstilly
on 10/17/08 4:36 am - Cosby, TN
Welcome back to the running experience.  I finished up with my PT last week and asked if she thought I could do a 5K this weekend and she said yes but not to push too hard.  I am excited to get back into the thick of things.

Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Cassie W.
on 10/18/08 2:21 am
Sue, good luck with your 5K this weekend! I'm glad your PT has been helpful in getting you back on the road.  This running stuff is addictive.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

MaryS
on 10/19/08 6:29 am - Long Island, NY
Cassie,

Great news! Don't you just love that foam roller?!? Hard to imagine a piece of foam could cause that much pain.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active