Wednesday Workouts

Cassie W.
on 10/15/08 10:20 am
Today was my first spin class and boy was it tough!  I had the aerobic capacity, but my quads were jelly when I climbed off the bike after an hour of sprints, climbs and jumps.  I was surprised by how fast the time passed, though.

So exercise junkies, what did you do today?

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Deanna34
on 10/15/08 11:12 am - Salem, OR
Hi Cassie!  Great job with spin class!

I went to a 1 hour weight lifting class today. 

I haven't been online for a long time ... but my most recent run was a 10K run on Sunday called the Great Columbia Crossing.  It runs across a bridge that stretches from Washington to Oregon ... the bridge is 4.1 miles long!  Anyway, the climb up the incline was tough but the views were gorgeous! 

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Cassie W.
on 10/15/08 7:58 pm
Hey Deanna,  I was wondering how you've been.  That 10K across the bridge sounds amazing.  I always enjoy a race that much more when the race director throws in awesome views.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Rob S.
on 10/16/08 10:08 am - DE
Hey Deanna,
I love those bridge runs.  I have one coming up in Philadelphia the first weekend in November.  It's a 10k race, but 5k is across the bridge and back over and then the crowds thin out.  Of course, my running partner is not sure she wants me to run this "short" race because it might interfere with my marathon training runs.  Go figure.  I think your bridge and the scenery was a lot more beautiful than my bridge.  I'm so jealous.  Good job with your run.
Rob
Seht
on 10/15/08 12:44 pm
20 minutes on the stationary bike climbing hills
40 minutes of weights
20 minutes running on the treadmill

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

jon1970
on 10/15/08 12:59 pm
I did my first master swim class this morning.
DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/15/08 1:28 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I only had time for about 35 minutes of spin, then this evening I ran 6.2 miles in 60:01.... Can u believe I couldn't break the 1 hour threashhold by 1 flippin second! Oh well, I'll take it. I had to run on treadmill because there was really bad weather outside. Hope ya'll are well and I will catch you all later.

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Richbehr
on 10/16/08 1:57 am - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
I did my 3rd spining class in a row and worked upper body.

"Death borders upon our birth, and our cradle stands in the grave. Our birth is nothing but our death begun."

Rob S.
on 10/16/08 10:10 am - DE
Great job.   I am a spinning junkie.  Oldest person in the class and yet I haven't missed a session in four and a half years.
Rob
Most Active