exercise discrepency

weinerdoglover
on 10/14/08 11:56 am - st. peter's, MO
Ok i am really confused. I haven't been exercising like i should be and i have hit a platue. I am now walking up the four flights of steps to get to my office in the morning. I guess it is better than nothing.  I don't have enough time in my day for 30 minutes of consecutive exercise. Once place i looked at said that as long as you get 30 minutes of exercise a day (even in spurts) you can still lose. Another place said that in order to lose they recommend walking 2 miles a day at any speed you can handle comfortably. So which one is it. I have 30 pounds to go that i am hoping to lose by the end of the year. I am already watching what i eat and i think if i add exercise back into my routine i can make my goal........PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forkpower
on 10/14/08 1:53 pm
You will have improved cardiovascular health if you do thirty consecutive minutes, however you can still lose weight in ten minute increments. 

I have a question for you: do you watch TV?  If so, how much?  If you watch at least thrity minutes at one time you can walk in front of the TV for the duration of what you're watching, therefore allowing you to benefit from movement.

Good luck.
MyQnA
on 10/15/08 10:03 pm
Great Tip! 

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Most Active