Did you use a Personal Trainer?

Nicole0216
on 10/14/08 4:36 am - Lancaster, PA
I am over 2 years out and I have about 30 more lbs to go. I am pretty bad with exercise. I wonder if I should hire a personal trainer. Has anyone hired one? Did it help keep you motivated? i dont know what to do when i go to the gym
MaryS
on 10/14/08 4:49 am - Long Island, NY
Nicole,

I have used a trainer at various times. I find it helps me with accountability - I know I have an appt so I will make sure to go to the gym. It is also good to work with somebody if you are just starting out to make sure your form is good.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

cbrock1592
on 10/14/08 11:47 am - New Haven, CT
I started working out with a trainer in January.
I started out at once a week and worked my way up to 3x a week (to train for a road race).
I hate doing weights, so it was the motivation I needed to get it done.
I have seen great results.

Christine
band date: August 1, 2007
Band Removal Date:  Sept 30, 2008
Highest Weight: 355 lbs
Day of Surgery: 231 lbs
Current Weight: 185 lbs

puju11
on 10/15/08 3:17 am - NJ
I highly recommend the trainer because if they are good they will mix it up and keep you motivated. I've been using trainers for 8 yrs. and trust me if it was up to me to weight train it wouldn't happen. I will do cardio but I don't know why it just nice to be accountable and have someone make sure your form is right.

Kim
Ansampson
on 10/15/08 3:18 am
I too hired a personal trainer; in fact, I had two. But when it was all said and done I worked out better with my friends. Therefore, I don't use my trainers anymore. The people I met at the gym and exercise with daily keeps me accountable.
ScottAZ
on 10/15/08 11:38 pm - Charleston, WV
I am using a trainer now 2 days a week.  This was the best thing I could have done.  He is kicking my ??? and after a month and half of doing this i have seen a huge results.  My contract is up here shortly with him, and wil be signing up for more... I am lifing the weights 6 days a week now and doing the carido the same.

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

Most Active