When did you decide you could do it?

panhead58fl
on 10/14/08 4:07 pm - Barboursville, WV
Believe me I never thought I could run 13 miles either, but the last 2 weeks I have. When I ran 10 miles is when I decided I could run a half marathon. After doing it I came home and signed up for a half on Nov. 2. I can't wait. If I had a few more weeks I would try the full.

I bought my first runnng shoes in Jan with money my mother-in-law gave me for xmas. It was about the same time I joined a fitness center. What prompted that was a walking program at work where we have to walk 500 miles in a years time. If we do that as well as certain health screenings your name will be put in for a drawing for a free three day weekend in Gatlinburg. I have now done almost 1200 miles.  My goal is to do 1500.

Some where along the way I started running. I would have told you that you were full of crap if you had told me 2 or 3 years ago I would be running 13 miles and liking it. I signed up for my first 5K because I kept reading of the adventures of the people on this forum as well as the Mens Forum. I just wanted to run the whole way and finish. I did it in 27 something. I really got caught up in the excitment and ran much faster than I wanted, and much faster than I thought I could. Moral to that story don't sell yourself short. You will amazed what you can do. My ultimate goal right now is to run a marathon on my birthday, Jan 25. The Miami marathon would be the closest. I don't know if I will be able to afford it but I am going to try to be there.

My advise is to keep putting in the miles and you will get there.

pan head
Most Active