My Long Beach 1/2 Marathon Experience

puddin2day
on 10/14/08 3:17 pm - Los Angeles, CA

Thank you, Linn.

Without struggle, there is no progress.

Deanna34
on 10/15/08 11:18 am - Salem, OR
Kim!!!!  Congratulations!!! Oh my gosh, I am soooo excited for you!  There is no other feeling like finishing a half marathon for the first time!  I cannot wait to do my second! Can you believe you just did that???  How cool is that?!

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

puddin2day
on 10/15/08 12:49 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Deanna,

I still cannot believe it myself.  Thank you for the congratulations.   It is a awesome feeling.  If someone had told me 2 or more years ago that I would be doing some so awesome, I would have told them that they were crazy.  Never in a million years , in my wildest dreams, think that I could or would consider such a thing.  It is cool.  Now I am looking at training for the L.A. Marathon in February 2009 (as soon as my legs get back to normal).

Kim

Kate U.
on 10/16/08 8:05 am - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Great job Kim!! I can't imagine running for that long lol!!! You kicked butt!!!
puddin2day
on 10/16/08 8:15 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thank you , Kate.  I did not think I could do it either, but with the proper training it can be done.

Rob S.
on 10/16/08 10:28 am - DE
Hey Kim,
Sorry I missed your post earlier.  Awesome job.  Getting the first one completed is such a spectacular achievement.  You are now officially addicted.  Not sure how I can explain what we put our bodies through, but it sure feels good in the head.  Congratulations!
Rob
puddin2day
on 10/17/08 12:36 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi Rob,
No problem and thank you.  I am addicted.  I just signed up for the Inaugural Pasadena Half Marathon for Nov. 16th.  Now I have something to prove to myself... I want a PR!

Kim

Most Active