Signed up for my first 5K!!

Yelena K.
on 10/7/08 10:40 am - Plymouth, MN
I did it! It's called the Turkey Run and it's  a 5K Walk/Run on November 23rd. Can't wait!!!

http://www.tslevents.com/TSL/Documents/map_tr.gif

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

Cassie W.
on 10/7/08 11:18 am
Congratulations Elena.  There's nothing like signing up for a race to keep you motivated.   I enjoy the social aspects of running and have met a lot of great people through the various local races. 

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Linn D.
on 10/7/08 2:36 pm - Missoula, MT
Way to go, Elena!

These community 5k runs are pretty neat.  Runners, by and large, are a pretty friendly and supportive group of people.  You should have a blast!

Linn
panhead58fl
on 10/8/08 12:44 am - Barboursville, WV
Nothing like signing up for a race to get you focussed, at least for me any way. I ran my first one in March of this year and I just hoped to be able to finish and run the whole way. At that time I had never ran 3 miles without stopping. I kind of got caught up in the excitement and ran a lot faster than I thougt I could. I was really huffing and puffing at the end. Now I have ran in eight different races and have signed up for a 1/2 marathon Nov. 2. My point? They can be addictive. As I do a little better in each one, or sometimes not, it motivates me to keep running and working out. The main thing is to have fun. This course looks like it would be a great run.

pan head
Scott William
on 10/8/08 9:21 pm
Trust me when I tell you that signing up is the hard part.  Remember that as your goals change and you want to go farther.  Way to go!!!  The course looks great and probably very flat.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Cassie W.
on 10/9/08 7:56 am
Hey Scott,

I was starting to wonder where you've been.  Lots of OT?

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Kate U.
on 10/9/08 11:59 pm - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
CONGRATS!!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!!!!!!
Vampi
on 10/12/08 3:20 am - Mandeville, LA
YAY!! Good job!  You are working that band!

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

MaryS
on 10/12/08 10:23 pm - Long Island, NY
Elena,

Congratulation on signing up - the first race is so exciting! Actually, they all are, but the first one is extra special. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active