Is it enough?

andrea K.
on 10/7/08 5:37 am - near Huntsville, AL

Im dragging in the weight loss dept and wondered if my exercise routine was enough. I do cardio 1 hr 5x a week and weight 45 min 4x a week. I consume around 1000 - 1200 cals a day. i try to change up my exercise routine but nothing seems to help. Any advice?

292/279/183/155  highest/surgery/current/goal

donnainhouston
on 10/7/08 8:56 am - League City, TX

Hopefully it's just a plateau,  Unfortunately they are necessary evils. :(

Some things I do is change my exercise.  If you're always doing the treadmill, maybe try something different; riding a bike or the ellipitcal. 

Change up your food too!  Try different things and definitely don't skip meals. I try to eat every 3 to 4 hours. 

Everyone is different, but take heart knowing that if you are plateauing, that your body is just adjusting to it's new weight!  I know it's frustrating, but try to stay focused and positive.  Don't let the plateau become an exuse to keep you from doing the right thing.

Donna :)

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

ng
on 10/9/08 3:07 pm - Southwest, LA
every 5 to 7 days you should up your calories by 200 so your body does not think you have hit a starvation period............... got to fool it into thinking that it does not have to slow your metabolism and store calories.
Most Active