Need exercises for glutes.......

StephanieF.
on 10/6/08 5:07 am
Hey,
I am not happy with the condition of my rear end after all this weight loss; I walk, but that's all I'm doing toward improving its lift, so to speak.   Can you recommend some exercises that will help with muscle tone/lift for this area, and keep in mind that I can't do anything that might cause my abdominal hernia to recur, so I have to take it easy with straining. Thanks in advance!
Steph

Extended tummy tuck/hernia repair on July 28, 2008! Five pounds of skin removed!
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.  Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. ~W.D

Weight at surgery on July 26, 2006: 304 lbs
Lowest weight: 147 (157 pounds lost!)
Regain over the past 2 years (2012-2014) - 59 pounds
REBOOTING! :) Working on losing back down to 160 (beginning Jan. 18, 2015)

Linn D.
on 10/6/08 8:29 am - Missoula, MT
If I were you, I'd consult a physical therapist since you're likely to have restrictions on what you can or should do.  It shouldn't be hard to get a referral since it sounds like you have limitations and should get a physician's release anyway.  

Linn
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/08 8:14 pm, edited 10/8/08 8:14 pm - Poconos, PA
Squats are supposed to be one the best exercises for shaping your tookus. I have a problem with balance for some reason so I do swiss ball squats instead. They are the same exact thing except you are supported by one of those giant exercise balls that sits between your back and the wall. As you lower yourself into the squat, the ball rolls down the wall with you and supports you all the way through. I'm only able to do 5 regular squats if that but I can easily do 50 of the swiss ball squats now and I still feel it working and got the same results.

Here's a link so you can see exactly what I'm talking about....Click on legs, then swiss ball squats. There are plenty of other examples that you might enjoy doing or might help with other areas. Just be sure to check with your doctor first! You don't want to take any chances with that hernia : )

http://bodyforlife.com/exercise/animations.asp

I hope you find something that works for you!

Most Active