MS 150 Bike to the Bay Completed!

Rob S.
on 9/29/08 8:45 pm - DE
Over the weekend I completed my 5th MS 150 Bike to the Bay since my surgery.  Not much to say other than it sure gets easier each time.  We had a lot of rain and wind on Saturday.  Sunday we had about twenty minutes of rain but no wind.
We actually rode about 92 miles the first day, and 73 miles the second day.  One of my teammates had five flats on Sunday (we had seven total),  but everyone perservered and we powered our way to the finish.  This year< I pulled the team the whole way and we averaged between 15-18 going down, and 16-20 coming back.  Now I can finally get back to training for my marathon in January.
Rob
MaryS
on 9/29/08 9:31 pm - Long Island, NY
Rob,

Great job!  How nice that you were the one pulling the team - isn't it incredible what you are able to do!  Hope you enjoy your marathon training; I'm glad I only have one more month until my marathon.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

wjoegreen
on 9/29/08 11:46 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
Rob,

I am sorry for your disappoinmnt on such a frustrating outing.  Try not to be too hard on yourself.

ARE YOU the Fr4eaKIN Energizer Rabbit in disguise????

You are an animal.  Are you kidding me?? 150 miles, at 17 avg mph, and you lead the wedge both ways? 

Are you the guy that inspired Brett Farve to unretire and throw 6 TDs last Sunday?

Enjoy the rush my friend.  And thanks for posting your incredible adventures.  This board is always a source of inspiration to me and yo are one of the main players.

Keep kickin butt and taking names.  You sure you're not getting younger???

Confused in VA,
Joe  :O) 
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Seht
on 9/30/08 12:37 am
Great job, way to lead the pack.

Congrats on the success.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Dan_P.
on 9/30/08 8:20 am - Baltimore, MD
Congrats Rob! I can't imagine riding in that wind and rain last weekend. Awesome accomplishment.

-Dan
Linn D.
on 9/30/08 10:59 am - Missoula, MT
Great Ride!

You make me almost want to do one myself!  Of course, now that I actually have a bike, there's really no excuse.  They have one in Montana in August that I might try next year.

Thanks for sharing this awsome ride!

Linn
puddin2day
on 9/30/08 3:31 pm - Los Angeles, CA

Rob,

That is pretty awesome.  Thank you for sharing your adventure with us.

Kim

Without struggle, there is no progress.

Most Active