Beach Blast Triathlon Race Report

kypdurran
on 9/29/08 12:47 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Tri number 17 of the year is officially under my belt. The distances were a 1500m swim, 25 mile bike and a 10K run. I won't lie and say it was my best race of the year because it wasn't. I was penalized on the bike, ran an extra 2 miles on the run and spent 15 minutes in "Transition 3". It was racing though and any race is better than no race at all!

Full race report is up at http://www.team464.com/beachblast2008/index.php

Seht
on 9/29/08 2:46 am
You are a machine Chad!

Congrats

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 9/29/08 10:47 am - Missoula, MT
Great race report, Chad!  Thanks so much for sharing.

I'm going to have to look carefully for an Olympic length in the Spring.  I'd really like to do one before the half iron in June (or August in Calgary - haven't decided yet).

Linn
DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/29/08 11:11 am - Fort Worth, TX
Nice Job Dude! That stinks about your goggles, and the " Nature Stop" you had to take to feed the wildlife and the prodding twigs that followed! Holy cow, those are great memories to have, and another great race under your belt. Good job! I am going for an Olympic distance this weekend! Wish me and my big ol clysdale bootie luck!

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

MaryS
on 9/29/08 9:39 pm - Long Island, NY
Chad,

Great report - I love your line "It was racing though and any race is better than no race at all!"  Congrats on another tri.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

puddin2day
on 9/30/08 3:38 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Chad,

I really enjoyed your race report!  A job well done.  Even with the few mishaps, you did an excellent job. 

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Most Active