Wednesday's Workouts

puddin2day
on 9/24/08 2:34 am - Los Angeles, CA
I ran 2.16 miles at a 14:29 pace this morning.  As an experiment, I consumed a bag of the sport beans 30 mins before my run.  I felt like it did help me from getting tired too quickly and I was able to go a little further this time.

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Seht
on 9/24/08 4:14 am
No energy today, I couldn't muster more than 1/4 mile run 1/4 mile walk for my 5k this morning.
Then the bike ride made me feel like my legs were jelly.  I managed 20 minutes on the bike.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Scott William
on 9/24/08 7:05 am
I did a leisurly 3.1 miles this afternoon.  After I loosened my laces the run was better.  They have been too tight for 6 weeks but I never though to loosen them.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/24/08 8:33 am - Fort Worth, TX
This morning I did 1 hour spin class, then continued to spin for  1/2 hour after, followed by 1;  9 minute mile on the tread.....Guess you could call it a brick, but the 1 mile was kind of weak. I wish I had the time and energy to do more this morning. Anywho... Softball game tonight so no evening workout.

I really am trying to get my legs better acclamated to running after cycling, I know I will get better with this over time. In my Tri last weekend, my legs had a really hard time making that transition and I want to make sure I can finish strong with my run in my next event. 

Have a good one,
-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Linn D.
on 9/24/08 10:21 am - Missoula, MT
I was supposed to go 50 minutes this morning with bursts, but only made it for 38.  After the SECOND trip to the potty I'd run out of time.

But anyway, what I did was start with 10 min at 6.8.
Followed that with 7.1 for 1 min then back to 6.8 for 4 minutes.

I alternated the fast minute between 7.1 and 7.2

Even with the shorter workout I still ran more than 4.5 miles.

Linn
Elisa K.
on 9/24/08 9:48 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Wed is a fun workout day for me - Jazz class!!  This is my 3rd year - I'm finally starting to feel like a dancer!!
Sherry_Berry
on 9/24/08 11:01 pm - Dacula, GA
On Wed I did a 5k swim. Yes folks, that's 3.1 miles! Who rocks?
Deanna34
on 9/25/08 12:43 am - Salem, OR
I ran 3 miles and then walked 1/2 a mile to cool down.  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Most Active