Meat Pie Triathlon Race Report

kypdurran
on 9/22/08 11:20 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Finally got to race again this weekend after all the race cancellations due to the hurricanes.   (FIVE total cancellations) Now being a former fat boy tell me HOW I could pass up a race that was named after two of my favorite foods?   MEAT and PIE!  :)

Here's my race report - http://www.team464.com/meatpie2008/index.php

Chad
www.team464.com

DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/22/08 12:32 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Good Job Bro...Sounds like a great race and awesome job on those transitions! I bet you are glad to get your mind refocused on things other than what Ike left in it's path. Take care dude!

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Sherry_Berry
on 9/22/08 8:43 pm - Dacula, GA
Good job! Finally-a race not cancelled!

I don't think I could eat meat pies, especially after seeing sweeney todd!

Transitions are like comparing apples to oranges. Unless you repeat the same exact race from year to year, your times will vary.

EX: My t1 at IMLP was abotu 10 minutes-that was with me not lolligagging. IMFL was 7 minutes w/me lolligagging. There was a .25 mile run from the lake to T1 at LP where at FL it was just off the beach.
kypdurran
on 9/24/08 2:45 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Hey Sherry.  I always see that transition times at IM races are always 5 to 10 minutes for pretty much everyone and I never understood that.   Is it because the transition area is so big and chaotic will all the racers?  

I'm doing my first gulf swim this weekend at the Beach Blast Oly.   The race is just down from Panama City at Mexico Beach.    Hopefully the waves in the water won't be bad.   My navigation skills are poor enough as it is without throwing in the element of not being able to see the buoys because of waves.  :)

Rob S.
on 9/22/08 9:53 pm - DE
Nice to have you have reporting again.  I guess having a meat pie prior to the event would not be a very good idea.  Great job on the tri!
Rob
Seht
on 9/23/08 1:32 am
Way to go Chad.

I love reading your race reports.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

kypdurran
on 9/23/08 1:44 am, edited 9/23/08 1:44 am - Baton Rouge, LA
The pies were actually quite tasty but I can't say that they were very good for you.   Ground meat surrounded by a patry crust then deep fried?   Heh.   Reminds me of a restaurant in New Orleans called Jacques Imo's that builds a massive roast beef poboy with all the fixings then dips it in an egg mixture, batters it and deep fries it.    A big excessive?   :)
misstilly
on 9/23/08 7:57 am - Cosby, TN
Congrats Chad on a great race.  glad to hear it wasn't cancelled.  Love your reports.

Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Elisa K.
on 9/23/08 8:52 am - Lumberton, NJ

Congrats on an awesome race Chad!!  I'm glad you finally got to do a race - and a race for meat pie at that!! 

puddin2day
on 9/24/08 2:29 am - Los Angeles, CA
Chad,

What an awesome racing report!  Thank you for sharing and congratulations.

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Most Active