Dvd's

mnm8077
on 9/21/08 9:40 am - IN
I need to find an exercise dvd that I can actually do!  Right now I have been walking 1-3 miles per day.  But I need to add something else, all the dvd's I have tried are too hard for me to do,  my legs start hurting if I am jumping around doing aerobic type stuff.  I have the biggest loser dvd right now, but I can't seem to keep up.  I had surgery 6 weeks ago and am down 30 pounds.  I can already tell I am going to have lots of extra skin on my stomach, are there certain exercises I can do for that?  
Realize Band 10cc--3cc fill Sep. 15--1cc fill Oct. 13    
janfit
on 9/21/08 9:50 am
This is so ironic!  I just finished my first post regarding fitness DVDs!  I am like you...I prefer working out with my DVDs/VHS routines at home.  In my post, I talked about my success with the "classics" (the Original Buns of Steel, Jane Fonda, Cher, etc.)  These workouts are fun and rewarding (I have lost 45 lbs in less than a year).  In my post, I also mentioned how hard it is to find these classics on DVD.  I hate having to use tapes!  What I wanted to let everyone know is that I did find the Original Buns of Steel on DVD.  I found it while searching around youtube.  Here are the links (one is to the "Buns" official site):

www.originalbunsofsteeldvd.com

www.youtube.com/user/Grergbuns

Let me know of any other classics you find on DVD.  I can't wait to at least get "buns" on DVD!  Glad to know there are others out there like myself!!!! 
justsewhappy
on 9/24/08 1:45 pm - Hustisford, WI
I have found that the "dance workout" dvd's are pretty good.  Check at your library for what they have on the shelves... and at mine, I can request a specific one and they will get it for me from another library.  At least I can try them b4 buying.  Then when I am ready to buy---- check on half.com and go used.  Saves a lot of money.

Online, I found this great site that has hundreds of exercise titles listed by category, and you can preview a clip online b4 you buy. (or get from library lol)
http://www.collagevideo.com/main.aspx

The dance workouts have good cardio and I have trouble getting down on the floor---- so for now these are great for me.
~~~Monica - RNY on Dec 2, 2008!!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, 
it's all about learning to dance in the rain!

Most Active