Saturday Workout and Happy Birthday to Me

MaryS
on 9/20/08 7:24 am - Long Island, NY
 Today I ran 15 miles - it was a good run.  The weather was perfect for running, so nice compared to the heat and humidity we had last week.  I am struggling with an issue on the outside of my left calf.  I am back in PT and hopefully soon enough to prevent this issue from developing into something more serious.

Today is my 47th birthday - I think a 15 mile run is a pretty amazing way to celebrate!  It is amazing to think about my fitness level compared to 4 years ago.  4 years ago I would have had difficulty walking more than a couple of miles, 3 years ago I ran my first mile and today I ran 15 miles and I'm training to run my 2nd marathon.  Not bad for 47!

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

BigMama2
on 9/20/08 7:48 am - MI
That is awesome!  Happy Birthday to you!
Elisa K.
on 9/20/08 7:55 am - Lumberton, NJ

Happy Birthday Mary!!  I think a 15 mile run is an awesome way to spend your 47th birthday!!

Best of luck in your marathon!! 

misstilly
on 9/20/08 8:05 am - Cosby, TN
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
         HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
         HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MARY
         HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!
Congrats on the 15 mile run.  I am wanting to do a half marathon in March so I figure I will start training in January.  I have a few 5K lined up for the next couple months.  Watch out for the knee I am going to the therapy but the PT just said I could start running again.  I have a IT Band problem.

Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Rob S.
on 9/20/08 9:01 am - DE
Happy Birthday!  Must be why the weather was so excellent.  I went for a five mile run. 
Rob
Linn D.
on 9/20/08 12:17 pm - Missoula, MT
Happy Birthday Mary!!

I was supposed to do 9 miles, but only managed 7.5.  Hips are kinda sore, and that happens sometimes when my iron is low.  Better take my iron sup.  I worked, too, so I was still on my feet a long time, so I doubt I'll make up the 1.5.  Next week is a recovery week with a shorter run, so hopefully I'll be ready for the next longer one in a couple weeks.

Great job on your run today, by the way!

Linn
Dan_P.
on 9/21/08 10:36 pm - Baltimore, MD
Happy birthday on last Saturday Mary!

I did a 20 mile run. The longest before the marathon on Oct. 11. Will be tapering from here on out. And I did okay. About 3 and a half hours. I'm going to run a marathon. I've got to get used to saying that.
Cassie W.
on 9/22/08 8:50 pm
Happy Birthday Mary! I'm sure 47 feels so much "younger" than 43.

Good luck with your next marathon.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Kevin A.
on 9/23/08 11:27 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
I did'nt do any working out Saturday!!! Just a lo****ching football, golf and !!

Happy Birthday!! Here to many, many, many.... years of healthy living!!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active