Tri won't beat me

Seht
on 9/16/08 1:42 am
So I have signed up for short local run it's one that they do for the harvest festival, it's only 3k, but I'm using it for my tune up for the following week.

I have my entry for another Tri on the 12th of October.  I'm not going to let the swim kill me this time.  I started prepping for it today.  I hit they Y at 0'dark thirty this morning and started swimming.  I found that we have a masters program locally that has drop in sessions available, and I will be attending those as well.

The biggest motivator for me is not doing well, failing, or having someone tell me I can't do it.  Those things just **** me off, and that gets the personal competative juices going.  So 2 days ago I was all pissed off and moaning and groaning about poor performance, and today I can hardly wait for my chance to redeem myself.  I'm ready to go.

Thanks for all the support.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 9/16/08 7:23 am - Missoula, MT
Scott,

All I can say is I totally get where you're coming from!

Good for you.

Linn
DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/16/08 11:58 am - Fort Worth, TX
Good For You Bro!    So here is a story I used to read to my sales reps....

Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up and knows it must outrun the fastest Gazelle, or he will starve to death.....

Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion, or he will die.....

It doesn't matter if you are the lion or the Gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running!

It doesn't matter what place you finished in, the fact is you finished your first race.... Do you know what they call the last guy to cross the finish line?

-A TRIATHLETE... Congrats bro, you are going to great in your event, wish me luck in mine on Saturday... 1st tri for me.

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 9/16/08 1:18 pm
Absolutely Dan, I hope you tear it up at your triathlon.

Please let us know how it went for you.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Sherry_Berry
on 9/16/08 7:25 pm - Dacula, GA
Way to go!
Most Active