Monday workout!

Rob S.
on 9/15/08 11:03 pm - DE
OK. Since no one posted here goes.  For some reason, turning 55 must have had some psychological effect on my exercise performance.  I have felt slower, creakier, and just miserable.  I talked to the owner of the Running Company at lunch time about the problem I had encountered with blisters during my half-marathon, and lo and behold, he had run the same race.  He said that it was really hot and humid, so the feet expand more than normal, and I shouldn't worry about it.  Since he finished in 1'18", I figure he knew what he was talking about.

So it was great yesterday to get out after dinner and run 6 miles in just over an hour.  It was still hot and humid, but it didn't seem bother me much.   Traffic was pretty bad but once I got off the main roads, running in the neighborhoods was great.  Finished strong and felt great.  Maybe this age stuff isn't so bad after all.
Rob
Elisa K.
on 9/15/08 11:40 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I went to the gym and worked on my upper body (I have NO upper body strength!!).  Then I ran a quick mile on the treadmill.
Deanna34
on 9/16/08 12:33 am - Salem, OR
I kicked butt in a kick-boxing class!!!  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

puddin2day
on 9/16/08 2:38 am - Los Angeles, CA
Rob,

Great job on the 6 miles.  Thank you for posting about the blisters.  Is there anyway to prevent that?

I ran 2.23 miles at a 13 min pace this morning.

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Linn D.
on 9/16/08 7:20 am - Missoula, MT
Nice job, Rob!

I got 6 minutes into my run when someone wearing VERY heavy perfume or lotion got on the tread 2 down from me.  I couldn't breathe and had to leave.  Too much homework to do to make it back to the gym.  Crap!

Linn
DANCBJAMMIN
on 9/16/08 11:42 am - Fort Worth, TX
Monday:

Morning:
1 Hour Spin Class
600 Meter Swim: 10:11

Evening:
18 Mile evening cycle over a hilly course: 52 Minutes
3.4 Mile run: 29:38
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader