Nerdy Exercise Options - DDR, Wii Fit, museum walks etc

maternalgamer
on 9/14/08 1:27 am - Redwood City, CA
I am a computer game geek (middle aged mom too - I know it is unusual).

I find most exercise boring.  I'm thinking about doing the following:
Dance Dance Revolution - Playstation 2 - I need the pad
Wii Fitness - I'd have to buy the Wii

More of a low intensity endurance person.  Walking is what I do now - more motivating if I go a new place each time (museums etc) and just keep moving on my feet for an hour... that only works on a weekend.

Anyone have similar ideas?  I've thought about belly dancing, hula but can't bear the idea of being so fat in a class like that.
Joan   - 5'6" age 48
Surgery 2.5cc, fill #1 to 4.5cc, fill #2 to 6.0cc, unfill to 5.5cc, fill #3 to 6.0cc in 10cc APS band.

Linn D.
on 9/14/08 5:07 am - Missoula, MT
One thing I used to do years ago would be to wait until my son was in bed and then turn on the music and dance for 45 min or so.  I couldn't afford a gym membership at the time and I've always loved music and dancing.

Linn
maternalgamer
on 9/14/08 5:23 am - Redwood City, CA
Dancing at home is a fun idea - might also work with music concert DVDs! 

I'm also thinking that having an event once a month and a goal to do xrcise before that event might help me, too.  I see a group of friends once a month so that could work.
Joan   - 5'6" age 48
Surgery 2.5cc, fill #1 to 4.5cc, fill #2 to 6.0cc, unfill to 5.5cc, fill #3 to 6.0cc in 10cc APS band.

me5150dispatcher
on 9/14/08 2:23 pm - Hollister, CA
I've also been thinking about getting a WII to help with exercise. A stationary bike was recommended and I got one last week. I've been faithfully using it everyday except I had major surgery right where my leg meets my groin on the inside and the movement and seat on the bike is really irritating it making it really painful.

I was thinking with what I've seen with the WII commercials it is more interactive and might be a great idea for exercise.

If anyone else has any input please let us know!!
Reesy
on 9/15/08 12:10 am
Hi guys,

There is a new workout from Beachbody called Rockin Body. It's a dance workout and boy is it fun. I look foward to working out everyday. I love it. It makes me happy to do it and complete it. I would love to share with you if any of you are interested. Great fun!!
maternalgamer
on 9/18/08 12:23 pm - Redwood City, CA
Thanks for the great ideas!
Joan   - 5'6" age 48

Most Active