Home Gyms

Ladi_DiAnna
on 9/11/08 11:32 pm - Columbus, OH
I'm really interested in getting a home gym that works the entire body, kind of like the Total Gym that Chuck Norris endorses. There are various brands on the market.  Do anyone have experience with one of these?  Good or bad? Would you recommend it?
MyQnA
on 9/14/08 2:53 am
I don't actually have a home gym as far as equipment goes.  But, I workout at home using my body weight only.  So I space or money is an issue like it is for me.  I would suggest trying to find exercises you can do anywhere without any equipment.  I assure I am getting just as good if not a better workout than I ever did in the gym.  Simple things like reverse crunches or chair dips and squats.  I researched it all on line and it really is the stuff I learned in gym class a million years ago.  But whatever your choice working out at home is a great idea and good luck to you!

Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Reesy
on 9/15/08 12:22 am
I used to own a total gym and never used it. Now I work out at home to workout videos and I love it. I have a great library of videos that work me our royally. I can help you get something set up. Just let me know.
JeremyGentles
on 9/15/08 5:44 am - Johnson City, TN
Hello,
I would strongly suggest getting a set of dumbbells and a bench. With those simply tools you can everything you need to do from home free weights. Additionally, a decent set of dumbbells and a bench are probably going to be cheaper than most of the machines on the market.

Free weights are far superior than machines anyway!

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

Most Active