Lazy & Lethargic

Bigsexy978
on 9/11/08 10:36 am - Kissimmee, FL
I am 5ft. 9in. and 2 years out and went from 298 lbs. in the beginning to 167 lbs. now.  My lowest weight was 155 lbs. and I would like to get back to that.  I take all of my bariatric vitamins, eat all my protein, and do everything that I am supposed to do.  My flaws are chocolate and snacking which I know I have to fix.  Even though I take my vitamins and protein I am always tired and can't find the energy to exercise.  My schedule is full since I get up for work at 5am and don't get home until 6:30pm due to a long commute.  How do you find the time or energy to exercise?  Anything to give me energy?  I have even increased my B-12 shots to every 3 weeks instead of every 4 weeks.  Any help would be appreciated.
Linn D.
on 9/11/08 2:47 pm - Missoula, MT
A couple things to think about:

1) Have you had your iron levels checked?  That one thing makes a big difference to me.  In fact, I can tell when mine is getting low by how I feel.

2) Do/did you have sleep apnea?

3) If you're mentally tired, you may actually start to feel more energized if you set aside a specific time of day to exercise.  Treat it like an appointment.  I'm a full time pharmacy student with a part time job and NEED my workouts to keep my sanity.  Exercise is a great stress reliever and may actually help you relax and rest better.

Not sure what else to say, but I get up early (5am also) so I can get my workouts in before classes (which I have at 8:00 every morning) that way I have the rest of my day for study and work.  I realize you get up early to get to work, so you might find something you can do either on your lunch break or right after work before you go home.

Good luck!

Linn
rmrowland_74
on 9/16/08 4:23 am
Right now I am out of routine of exercise and need to get back. I have had to evaculate twice in two weeks for hurricanes and I am a full time nurse practitioner student trying to graduate in December and work part time with two small children. Lynn you inspire me being a pharmacy student and training for a half iron man; that is my goal next year any advise for me. I agree with Lynn you have to treat it as an appointment and dont start out big just start at 30 minutes 3-4 times a week and increase when and if you can. Hang in there. I now am trying to motivate myself.
Bigsexy978
on 9/12/08 8:38 am - Kissimmee, FL
Thanks Linn for replying.  I had my 2 year blood work done and everything is perfect.  My blood work is always good when I get it done.  I never had sleep apnea nor have symptoms of it.  I have researched chronic fatigue syndrome but the symptoms don't quite match me.
1texasmom
on 9/15/08 5:22 am
I am fatigued when I get dehydrated.  Make sure you're getting plenty of fluids.

Other than that, I'm with Lynn.  Although we hate to hear it, we can actually gain energy by adding a workout to our already busy schedules.  Personally, I'd pack your gym bag and take it with you to work.  Don't even go home before you exercise.  I know once I get home, there is no way I'm getting back out.  This way I get a little more energy to tackle my evenings, I have the peace of mind that I accomplished something god for me and honestly it's my transition time...I destress and stop thinking about work and begin to focus on myself and my family. 

Best of luck to you. 

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

Most Active