Going Nuts!!!

misstilly
on 9/11/08 7:39 am - Cosby, TN
I haven't been able to run for about a week and half due to knee problems.  I am going to PT and she says its the IT band and won;t take long to get it back in order, but in the mean time I am going NUTS!!!  I have been doing exercises at home but don;t dare go to the gym because that is where I do most of my running, I know the temptation would be too great so for now I will do my thing at home.
  Just had to vent a little.

Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

justsomegirlrachel
on 9/11/08 8:12 am - MA
aww sue im sorry! i am 22 years old and have been fat all my life, i cannot remember one moment in life where i was able to run. i dream i will be able to one day. whats it like? can you really get hooked on it like you are? it seems so impossible to me that i ever will lol!
misstilly
on 9/11/08 9:22 am - Cosby, TN
It feels so great to run and yeah I do think you can get hooked.  I was never a runner when I was younger or thinner, just since I've had my surgery have I started to run.  I think it has become a cross addiction.

Sue

215/210/117/120

Linn D.
on 9/11/08 9:32 am, edited 9/11/08 9:32 am - Missoula, MT
Sue,

Vent away!  IT band problems aren't nearly as bad as others can be, so you'll be back in no time!

By the way, I had IT band problems right after my marathon because I didn't wait long enough to start running again.  Ended up needing to take off a whole week to let it heal.

Linn
MaryS
on 9/11/08 9:57 am - Long Island, NY
 Sue,

I know it sucks not to be able to run, I remember the feeling when I had my hip injury last year.  Hopefully you'll be back out there soon!

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

misstilly
on 9/12/08 6:19 am - Cosby, TN
thanks guys for your support.  The PT said that if I would go to the gym and just use the exercise machines and ride the bike with norestitance then I could go, but she looked at my face and I guess I was sort of grinning so she said no wait a few more days.  I guess she doesn't trustme, smart move.  I know it won;t be too long but it seems like a eternity

Sue

215/210/117/120

Elisa K.
on 9/12/08 11:05 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Vent away, Sue - I know how you feel!!  I was sidelined with bronchitis for most of August - I feel your pain!!!  I really couldn't do any exercising - breathing was out of the question.  I missed running like crazy!! 

Thankfully, my bronchitis cleared up, and I was able to start running again.  I was so frustrated by how much stamina I had lost during that month!  The good news is, I was able to get back to the level I was at in about 2 weeks.

Take care of yourself!!  Please feel free to come and vent whenever needed!!
Most Active