Body for Life

MyQnA
on 9/10/08 5:44 am
Has anyone used any of the Body for Life systems/products?

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/08 9:12 am - FL
The book has motivated me to eat several small meals per day, combining carbs and proteins.  I have lots more energy eating that way.  I also ordered the Body-For-Life for women book.  It was more realistic with the quanity of food and seems to advocate lower carbs. 

I visit the website sometimes to read the stories to stay motivated. 

I haven't tried any of the products except the Myoplex Lite bars, but I still can't keep those kind of things around.  I will eat them too often!

I haven't jumped in with both feet yet, but I think it's a great program.
Zeldarin
on 9/17/08 12:29 pm - IN
I did this several years ago and followed the work outs religously for a while.  They really do help with muscle tone and losing inches.  I have been thinking about using this routine as my workout schedule at the gym now that I am nearing my goal weight.  I wonder if building some muscle would help reduce the loose skin issues!  I think it is a good/healthy program.. Z....

HW/SW/CW/GOAL
217/206/145/136
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda April 8th/2010
Mini AL, Mini TT, Medial TL, BA, Lipo

MyQnA
on 9/17/08 4:04 pm
Hi Z,
I have passed my goal a while ago.  But I have the dreaded skin issues and considering I lost nearly 200lbs most people don't think I have too much to worry about.  I think it is because I have been doing some form of weight training the whole way.  I just needed something spelled out for me that I could do at home because, I do not have access to a gym.  I created my own program and it is working ok but I could probably do better if I had some help.  Thanks for the input!

Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Zeldarin
on 9/18/08 12:18 am - IN
I think you will like Body for Life then.  It is easy to follow and gets great results.  I hated the cardio days but we all need those whether we like it or not.  I am torn between starting yoga or starting this workout.  I like the long lean look of yogis but I know how important the muscle is to stay healthy and keep the weight off.  Muscle burns calories and that is great for maintenance.  Congrats on goal!!!  I am going to have a party the day I hit goal =)  I am getting close.  I think I will end up below goal and that makes me very happy but still very worried about skin issues getting worse.  My inner thighs and lower abdomen are the worst.  Embarrassing is putting it mildly.  Let us know how the new weight routine works out for you!!!  Z....

HW/SW/CW/GOAL
217/206/145/136
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda April 8th/2010
Mini AL, Mini TT, Medial TL, BA, Lipo

Most Active