Question about marathon website

puddin2day
on 9/9/08 9:40 am - Los Angeles, CA

A few months ago I ran across a website where people discussed particular marathon's pros and cons.  I remember that you could input the name of a certain marathon and all of these posts (reviews)  would come up and you could read about other people's experiences.  If anyone knows the name of that website, I would really appreciate it.  I guess that is what I get for not bookmarking the site.

Kim 

Without struggle, there is no progress.

Linn D.
on 9/10/08 10:04 am - Missoula, MT
Sorry I can't help you Kim.  I've never even heard of such a site.

I have always heard good things about the Rock and Rolls at every site I've heard about, though.  I do the one in Phoenix and have always felt that it was very well run.

Linn
puddin2day
on 9/11/08 1:15 am - Los Angeles, CA
Linn,

My friend Kirsten told me about the San Diego Rock and Roll.  She said that they are so much fun.  I might do that one next year.

Kim

Cassie W.
on 9/10/08 10:25 am
Hi Kim,

Here's the link to Marathon Guide's search engine www.marathonguide.com/races/search.cfm.  I enjoy reading about people's perceptions of different races.  I've added so many races to my wish list by visiting this site.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

puddin2day
on 9/11/08 1:34 am - Los Angeles, CA
Cassie,

Thank you for the link.  I am going to check it out.  I want to find out about the Las Vegas Marathon and the OC Marathon and the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon for next year.

Kim

Deanna34
on 9/11/08 9:18 am - Salem, OR
Hey Kim!  Since we are in the west coast together, maybe we should aim for a marathon together next year?!?!  I wonder if anyone else would be interested ... maybe Kevin?

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

puddin2day
on 9/11/08 9:22 am - Los Angeles, CA
Deanna,

I would love to run a marathon next year with you.  I have already sent off an information card to train with ALPA for the L.A. Marathon (March '09) and I just recieved the entry form for the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon (June '09) (let me know if you want that entry form).  I cannot remember,  have you ran a marathon before?

Kim

Deanna34
on 9/11/08 9:27 am - Salem, OR
Hi Kim!

No, I haven't run a full marathon.  I've run one half marathon this past June.  At this point I can't even imagine doing a full marathon but I want to!!!  I'll have to look into the LA and San Diego ones ... do you know which one is supposedly better?

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

puddin2day
on 9/11/08 9:31 am - Los Angeles, CA
I have heard that the Rock n' Roll Marathons are a blast .  Cheerleaders , live bands, lots of excitement.  L.A. Marathon is okay.  I have heard that for a lot of the route there is no shade, but I have also heard that the route gets changed every year to lure elite runners .

Kevin A.
on 9/12/08 1:01 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Did somebody say my name??

Well since I done both this past year!! Which a year ago seems totally crazy!!! I can say San Diego RnR is the best of the 2 marathon. Better sights.. Downtown SD, running past the water, old battle ship, running on the freeway, (which is very hard because the ground is slanted), the crowd was great at no point did I feel like I was running alone which I can't say about L.A. and the bands were very cool!!!

Would I run another marathon?? Maybe?? I already done it twice!! If I can do it!! YOU can do it too!!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active