first sprint this weekend

Seht
on 9/9/08 12:54 am
So this Sunday is my long awaited sprint - tri in Sacramento.
I thought I was ready for it, but now I'm starting to have second thoughts.

I was stupid at a concert last week, and I jumped into the mosh pit,  Someone must have gotten an elbow into my ribs, because it still hurts a week later.  I think I cracked a rib, I was hoping I had just pulled a muscle, but it's not getting better.  It still hurts and it doesn't feel great to take a deep breath or to cough.  I have run since then and it didn't bother me.  I am going to go and swim tonight after work and see how that goes.

I'm deffinitely going to start the race, and if it still hurts I will make sure to start in the very back of the pack for the swim.  There is no way I want someone kicking or hitting me in the ribs.

Here is to not drowning during the swim.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Elisa K.
on 9/9/08 2:46 am - Lumberton, NJ

D'uh Seht!!  Stay out of the mosh pits - we are too old for that ****!!  I'm sorry you got hurt - I tend to do stupid things when I am 1) drunk and 2) out with my equally drunk friends!  I often forget that I am 41 years old, with a real job and responsibilites - LOL!    

I hope that you feel better, and that it doesn't bother you during your race.  Maybe give it a little rest this week - do you typically back off your training before a big event?  Maybe you should just a little to let whatever happened heal.

Good Luck, feel better, and No Moshing!!

Seht
on 9/9/08 3:11 am
Yeah I should have known better, it wouldn't have been so bad 200 pounds ago, but i got shoved around a bit haha.  I got caught up in it, and my wife was kind of egging me on, so in I went.

I don't know about backing off, this is my first event.  I had planned to take it easy, so now I guess that is going to reaffirm that decision.

Scott

Linn D.
on 9/9/08 8:46 am - Missoula, MT
Hey Scott,

You've been training, so if the pain isn't too bad, you should be fine.

I had to laugh about the mosh pit!  I also know how you feel as far as getting pushed around.  I'm even pretty strong (for a gal my age) and I still am amazed at how easy it is to get pushed around in a crowd.

Good luck on Sunday, and I'm sure it will be a very entertaining race report!

Linn
Seht
on 9/9/08 9:20 am
Yeah I'll make sure to post a report and about a billion photos.  I'm so excited about being able to do this.  To go from not being able to run 1 lap, to doing this in less than a year has me really pumped up.

Thanks for all the support that everyone here has provided during this last year.
I'm also looking forward to wearing the shirt I had made for the event.

Scott

BigMama2
on 9/9/08 10:04 pm - MI
Love the t-shirt!  Good luck with the race!
MaryS
on 9/9/08 1:01 pm - Long Island, NY
 Scott,

Best of luck - I hope the rib doesn't bother you!

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Seht
on 9/10/08 2:31 am
Went and ran last night, did my fastest mile yet, which is still a snails pace compared to y'all.
Then went for a swim.  Ouch it hurt to extend and breath.  I had to switch the side I was breathing on and that reduced some of the discomfort.  Not unbearable, but deffinatley enough to make me change up my pattern.  Hopefully it will be better by Sunday.

Scott

kypdurran
on 9/10/08 6:58 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Best of luck Scott.  Sorry to hear about your injury but I'm sure you'll do fine.  

What are the distances and is it open water?

Seht
on 9/11/08 1:39 am
it's a 400 yard swim – 8 mile bike – 2 mile run
The swim is in a lake.  I have been practicing in my wetsuit.

Scott

Most Active