6 weeks post DS - Exercise question

sarah141
on 9/9/08 4:28 am - Fort Bragg, CA
Hi Everyone!  I've been away for a while, getting used to my new life & learning to eat all over again!! So far it's been great!  I love my DS & am losing weight like I could never had imagined!  So I have a weird question for all the experts out there.  After my first month, we did my measurements & I lost 3 inches in my chest, butt, thighs & 1 inch around my neck.  Is there any way to "target" the areas I want gone first?  Example, if I do more abdominal exercises will my gut disappear faster?  More arm exercises, will my arms lose faster?  Thank you so much!!
 - Sarah    (Don't tell anyone I'm a secret ninja warrior!)
Visit: ThugRadio.Net, twitter.com/ThugRadio, sarah-anderson.artistwebsites.com/

Linn D.
on 9/9/08 8:58 am - Missoula, MT
Sorry Sarah, but there really isn't a way to do that.  Your body decides on its own where it will utilize the fat from first.  By and large, the places you gain the easiest or have been with you the longest will be the last places to come off.

Cardio will help you burn calories (and help make you healthy - you don't want to be thin and unhealthy, right), and toning will benefit you by increasing lean muscle mass and helping to maintain as much strength as possible.  That's about the best any of us can do.

Linn
Most Active