? for those of you who have done couch to 5k

cmb5566
on 9/4/08 8:19 am - Hope Mills, NC
Ok I just had a question if you used this program did you stick to running 3 times a week...I was just wondering because I would like to actually run everyday or maybe at least mon-fri

If you do only stick to running 3 times a week what else were you doing for excersise on the off days?

I have huge ol do it all kinda big gym in my garage and and don't really know what kind of excersises to be doing on it any advice???

lol what I really need is a personal trainer lol ah well maybe when I win the lotto lol

thanks Celeste
Linn D.
on 9/4/08 10:56 pm - Missoula, MT
Celeste,

When I first started I did my program 5 days a week, but I wasn't doing anything else.  That was my only exercise, and I think I progressed faster because of it.  I was able to do a 10k in just over 4 months and did it in just under an hour.

My personal opinion is that if you do heavy cardio, most of it is done with your legs, so you may want to do some upper body strength training,  Once you get to the point where you can run relatively easily, it would probably be a good idea to get started on some cross training of some sort.  That can be just about any other cardio activity that you don't do on your feet.

Have fun with your program!  I remember how cool it was seeing the progressions!

Linn

Chris Zane
on 9/6/08 4:21 am
When I did it, I stuck pretty close to the program - did it 3 days a week.  On other days I might swim or bike or work on the weight machines.   I didn't want to injure myself or burn out on running, so I didn't want to go over the 3 days until I was through the program.
Most Active