6 wks out

teamfregoe
on 9/3/08 10:57 am - Brasher Falls, NY
I am currently walking two miles 4-5x per week and I add a 2 mile bike ride on 2 of those days, am I doing enough. I have lost 41# - 6 weeks post op, is that good?  What can I do to maximize my weight loss?  I am exercise illiterate...I need help!!!!
Aims
on 9/3/08 12:59 pm - Whiteman AFB, MO
Heck ya! I think you are right on track. When you are ready consider a toning program and weights.

I am taking a water aerobcis 2x a week and love the way I look and feel, it might be right up your avenue.

Kudos on your loss, great job!

Amy

Linn D.
on 9/3/08 1:31 pm - Missoula, MT
There are lots of ways to look at exercise, but try to look at it as a life-long habit.  If you think of exercise as a means of health rather than weight loss, it might be something you can be committed to over the long haul.

Now that I'm off the soap box, exercise should be something you enjoy that isn't a chore to do.  Some people like to go to a gym (me), others like outdoor activities, some do yoga, some do water aerobics.  I like to have races and the like to train for because it keeps me motivated.  Lots of times people need to try lots of activities before they find something they like that they will be able to stick with.

The main thing is that you find something to do that gets your heart rate up for 30 minutes or more at least 5 times a week.

Happy moving!

Linn
Most Active