I love running!!!!!!!

cmb5566
on 9/3/08 12:09 am - Hope Mills, NC

Who would have thought that I would ever run....not me not my husband .....8 months ago I could'nt run across the yard was, winded going up the stairs and thought I would die on our last trip to the zoo.....but oh how things have changed this year we went to DC for the 4th of july in one day we walked over 9 miles I could have never done that before. And now I am doing the couch to 5k program...today was my first day of week 4 i was pretty worried that it would be alot harder this week but it was actually no problem I was hardly even breathing hard......I have never posted on this board before but have been coming here as of late to read all the insperational stories....I am so excited because I am going to run my first 5k in October....I am loving running when I started I thought oh I would just do this 5k and would stop but I am having so much fun...who knows where I will go.....thanks so much for listening ....this is my first kinda wow me post and I am just feeling so great......hope everyone is having an awsome day...thanks for letting me share.  Celeste

BigMama2
on 9/3/08 1:19 am - MI

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

I am starting Week 1 Day 1 of the C25K program tonight.  I've also signed up for a running class at a local running store.

Thank you for this post.   It gives me hope.  You are an inspiration!

cmb5566
on 9/3/08 5:05 am - Hope Mills, NC
Thanks so much it took me like 3 or 4 weeks to do week one lol but I finally got past it and now am doing really well...keep up the good work and I hope the running class is helpful....Celeste
Seht
on 9/3/08 2:18 am
Congrats!

The couch to 5k was an excellent plan.  I never thought I could do something like that and that plan made it easy.

Keep on posting, we want to hear about your successes. 

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

cmb5566
on 9/3/08 5:07 am - Hope Mills, NC

It really has been great ....and I will definatly keep posting it just feels so great......thanks for the enouraging words....Celeste

misstilly
on 9/3/08 4:09 am - Cosby, TN
Celeste, I know exactly how you feel.  I am enjoying running too.  I sort of did my own thing with the starting and am doing good.  I have run 3 - 5K's and am looking at possibly doing a 10K in October, if not that definatly another 5K.  I see our surgeries were just 2 days apart.  How are you doing with your weight loss.  I am 4lbs from my goal Hoot Hoot.

Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

cmb5566
on 9/3/08 5:17 am - Hope Mills, NC
Sue, what an inspiration 3-5ks thats awsome.....I think eventually I would like to do a 10k too...but that is way down the road for me.   and 4 lbs from goal amazing I seem to be perpetually stuck here I keep going back and forth 2 to 4 lbs I would still like to lose 25lbs but the loss is getting alot slower ...I get a little discouraged sometimes but  I can do so much more now than 8 months ago so that makes me feel better hopefully I can find a way to get the scales moving again.....again what an inspiration and congrats on all of your success....Celeste
Elisa K.
on 9/3/08 8:52 am - Lumberton, NJ
Hi Celeste:
I started running this past spring, and I also LOVE it!!  I have run 2 - 5ks, and have one per month penciled in through December.  Everytime I go out for a run, I think to myself, "Holy Sh*t, I'm running!!" - LOL!! 

I am so glad you love it too - best of luck in your first 5K - enjoy every moment of it!!!

Elisa
cmb5566
on 9/3/08 10:40 am - Hope Mills, NC
thanks so much...I am inspired so much by this mb and all the great people and responses that I have recieved thanks again so much...Celeste
Linn D.
on 9/3/08 9:58 am - Missoula, MT
Isn't it neat when we find we can do something we never dreamed we could!  I did the shot put and a few sprints in high school, but never thought I could run multiple miles in a row - especially at my age!

I started running about 4 months post-op and am so glad I did.  It's the one form of exercise I get the most out of even over 4 years later!

Here's to your continued success and have fun at that first 5k.  Your first race will be an experience you'll never forget!

Stay healthy!

Linn
Most Active