Row, Row, Row Your Fat, Gently Down the Drain

Justin
on 9/2/08 3:39 pm - CLEVELAND, OH
My surgeon suggested that I get a Concept 2 rower as it was a great excersise for Obese guys like me... so I did.  Boy, is this thing kicking m butt!

Just wondering, are there any of you that use/have used an indoor rowing maching as part of your post-surgical weight loss efforts?  What were your expiriences?  Any tips?

Thanks a bunch!
Blogging my Journey... Click to View

Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com
justsomegirlrachel
on 9/6/08 10:23 am - MA
lol i'm sorry i don't have any tips for you i just laughed out loud reading the title to your post, lol i'm still giggling. i have yet to have my rny (can't lose the 20lbs pre-op, still trying, still getting postponed surgery dates) i'm the classic apple shape, my arms and legs aren't too bad for a 22 year old female but my middle is so bad, i'm freakin huge, and my tummy and ..chest.. and upper back seem to be the worst. when i say upper back i mean lots of fat where my shoulder blades must be or something, would a row machine target that area?
Sheron
on 9/8/08 10:32 am
I have used a rowing machine in addition to other forms of cardio in my workouts.  I have to make myself use it, as my gym has the old school type.  You know; no screen, nothing, just rowing!  Anyway, I find it a great workout.  You can lean all the way back and row to tighten the abs, as well as rowing slightly sideways to work the love handles, as well.   It is truly an overall workout, working arms, legs, abs, the entire package. Good luck as you row it all down the drain!
Most Active