anyone heard from Chad?

tarateacher
on 9/1/08 1:40 pm
RNY on 08/07/07 with
Hey - Chad lives in Louisiana - not too far from NOLA.  Anyone heard from him?  All ok???

I read his blog all the time - just checking up on him.

Tara

Tara

Linn D.
on 9/1/08 2:11 pm, edited 9/1/08 2:12 pm - Missoula, MT
Tara,

I think he posts on the Men's board a lot more than he does here.  Haven't heard if he evacuated or not.

Linn
kypdurran
on 9/3/08 2:35 am - Baton Rouge, LA

I rode out the 100+mph winds from Gustav at home in Baton Rouge.   A big pecan tree fell on my truck (http://www.team464.com/HPIM0095.jpg) but the damage isn't too bad since it's still driveable.  Other than that the family (blue and gold macaw parrot, nanday conure parrot, hahn's macaw parrot and min-pin dog) are good to go.  The parrots were a little freaked out for awhile but they have calmed down considerably.   My blue and gold screamed "HELP" throughout the storm.  :)  

No power expected for the next 3 to 4 weeks.  I hope that's not true.  I sat in line for 3 hours yesterday to fill up my truck and some gas cans for my generator.   Needless to say, everything is an absolute MESS down here.   At least people aren't dying like during Katrina. 

tarateacher
on 9/3/08 12:07 pm
RNY on 08/07/07 with

Chad,

I know hurricanes all too well.  I'm originally from Biloxi, MS.  I wasn't there for Katrina but my entire family lives there. I went down about 10 days after the storm to help my parents and had to stand in those lines for hours myself. Also grew up with them although the 70's & 80's were relatively quiet storm seasons.  Can only claim to have ridden out 3 or 4 storms (Camille, Frederick, Elena and one other little one). My parents lived in a FEMA Mansion on Wheels for about 18 months - after my mom evacuated up here for 5 months becasue her asthma was too bad to live there right after the storm.

Good luck on the truck. - You get the tree off of it yet???  Ugh! 

Now after Katrina my parents had power back in less than two days but there were areas that went without power for a couple of months.  It just depends on where you are.  They are lucky enough to be on the same grid as the water tower and those are always prioirty after a storm.

Ike & Josephine are looking like they are heading into the GUlf and we are supposed to feel the effects of Hannah  by Saturday.  Hope the restof the season is safe for you!

Tara

Tara

Most Active