Sports Bra advice please....

KeriC
on 8/31/08 12:06 pm - Tomball, TX

HELP!!!!  I have been on a mission to find the sturdiest sports bra for a DD cup.  I cannot find one that will keep the "girls" in place for HIGH IMPACT exercise.  I have got to do something --- after my workout sessions with my trainer my breasts hurt so bad.  I am tempted to ace bandage and tape them down.  With my weight loss surgery (revision RNY) I have a lot of skin and I am not sure if that worsens the problem with the bounce issue... but I need some advice and quick.  I am down 125 lbs.  Anyone out there with a solution???

Thanks.

Keri

Keri 
Houston, TX
Revision from VBG to RNY on October 23, 2007

panhead58fl
on 8/31/08 4:15 pm - Barboursville, WV
Being a guy I don't have a solution, but I do have a reference. In this month's Runners World Magazine they reveiwed sports bras. Here is a link for it, www.runnersworld.com/sportbras, hope this helps.

pan head
Elisa K.
on 8/31/08 11:16 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Hi Keri:
I wear Champion sports bras.  I don't remember which "model" I wear, but it has underwire, adjustable straps.  I am a 34D, and my girls do not move in them.  What a difference a good sports bra makes in your workout!! 

You may want to go to your local running store and try a few on - my local store had many to chose from.  

Good luck!! 
MyQnA
on 9/1/08 1:06 am
I use Champion sports bras.  I currently wear a 34 DD or DDD regualr bra depending on the cut.  I wear a 34D in their sports bras and they do the job perfectly.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Linn D.
on 9/1/08 8:55 am - Missoula, MT

Keri,

I use the Hind Motion Sensor bra.  It works better than any other bra I've used.  I don't like the underwire for running (I've tried one) but I do sometimes use one that has an underwire when I bike.

Like Elisa said, you may have to try on several before you find one that works for you.  Mine cost $45 each, so definitely not cheap, but well worth it for me.  I also use a top with a shelf bra in it for extra support.  Together they work better than anything else ever has.  I'm a 36D and was also very busty before surgery.

Linn

JennyA
on 9/1/08 10:26 am - Eagan, MN
There was an article in the Minneapolis Star Tribune about this very question.  Hope you find an answer here: http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/27670404.html?el r=KArksUUUU

Take care.

J
on 9/2/08 12:48 am - Salem, OR

Yes, I have major issues!!!  I have a lot of excess skin and big boobs to add to the mix so it just makes for a very difficult time finding  ANY bra to fit properly!!!  For a sports bra, I found a front-hook Glamorise bra from JCPenney's that you can order online.  I normally wear a 34DDD regular bra but this one I got a cup size up to a G.  This is the best bra I've found so far!  I use it for running and it seems to handle the impact pretty well.  If I know I'm going to be running a lot, I usually wear a tight fitting compression tank or something over the top to add just a little extra support.  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Sherry_Berry
on 9/2/08 8:33 pm - Dacula, GA

The BESTEST one I've found was from

www.enell.com

Most Active