half marathon - I did it!!!!

tarateacher
on 8/31/08 1:31 pm
RNY on 08/07/07 with
i finished my first half-marathon today.  go to my blog to read all about it.  It was quite a journey!

Tara

Tara

MaryS
on 8/31/08 7:25 pm - Long Island, NY
Tara,

Wow, what can I say - major kudos to you.  You certainly fought your way though an extremely tough race.  Congrats on finishing your 1st half marathon.  I hope that you recover from your injuries quickly!

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Elisa K.
on 8/31/08 11:24 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Congratulations Tara! 

Wow - I can't believe that you finished!  You are one tough cookie!  Take care of yourself, and heal!!
misstilly
on 9/1/08 1:49 am - Cosby, TN
Congrats Tara you are one tuff cookie.  I can sympathize with the knee pain I am going thru that right now too.  Way to go.

Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Cassie W.
on 9/1/08 9:25 am
Congratulations Tara.  You're amazing tale of faith and determination brought tears to my eyes.  Rest well.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

JennyA
on 9/1/08 10:32 am - Eagan, MN
Wow Tara.  Way to hang tough.  Even if you didn't finish the way you wanted, you finished.  Sure couldn't say that a year ago!

Take care.

J
on 9/1/08 11:35 am - Agoura Hills, CA
Congrats on your FIRST half marathon!!!!!  I know all about the IT Band pain....it's awful!  Fortunately mine went away after I was forced to take a 6 week break from all physical activity due to a severe ankle sprain and broken wrist.  I have been pain free for almost a year, but I did notice some tenderness after completing the Disney 1/2 Marathon yesterday.  Take some time to rest it and stretch.  Congrats again!
Kevin A.
on 9/1/08 12:28 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
What a race!! Amazing what you can do!! Pushing yourself past the pain!! Soon you forget how painful it was and be ready for your next race!!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Linn D.
on 9/1/08 2:30 pm - Missoula, MT
Tara,

Sounds like it was quite the accomplishment just to finish this one!  Great job keeping your eye on the goal and completing this one.  Some races are just that bad, but I'm sure all your training paid off in the long run enabling you to finish this very difficult race!

The next one is usually MUCH better than the first.

Linn
Deanna34
on 9/2/08 12:44 am - Salem, OR
Hurray, Tara!!!  You did it!!!  I nearly cried reading your blog because it reminded me of my half marathon (I pulled my groin muscle at mile 7 and had major blisters on my toes and I was miserable).  You have some major willpower there, babe!!!  You need to do something special for yourself to celebrate your victory!!!  --Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Most Active