hello everyone

wicked aries
on 8/27/08 12:54 pm - MA
I am 5 weeks out and would like to start doing some abdominal exercises as soon as possible. Right now I'm doing the treadmill and the bike at my gym. I'm seeing my surgeon Sept 4th and was wondering how long people had to wait to do these kinds of exercises? I really want to tone as I lose weight. Also, would a trainer benefit me?

Count your blessings, not your worries

Seht
on 8/28/08 1:03 am
My doc told me 6 weeks for any weight lifting or abdominal work.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 8/28/08 7:44 am - Missoula, MT
Glad to have you here!

PLEASE follow your surgeon's instructions on this in order to prevent getting hernias.  At this point in time, regular exercise of any kind is perfect.

Linn
Aims
on 8/28/08 12:15 pm - Whiteman AFB, MO
Welcome! I started a water aerobics class 2x a week at 4 weeks and just love it, it has increased my strength and endurance....love how I feel and love how I look.

:D

Amy

kypdurran
on 8/28/08 11:50 pm, edited 8/28/08 11:51 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Hi Judy.   5 weeks out is probably too soon to start doing any abdominal work but I'm not doctor.   You'll definitely want to speak to him before you attempt any ab-work or lifting weights.   If I remember correctly my doc had me restricted after each of the 3 surgeries to lift nothing over 10 pounds for 6 weeks.  Abdominal exercises were off limits for 9 weeks. 

Awesome that you are excited about exercising but definitely talk to your doc first.   Best of luck!

Chad
www.team464.com

Most Active