Yoga - Hmmm

JennyA
on 8/27/08 5:42 am - Eagan, MN
It's harder than it looks.  I had free class today and I sweated more than I thought possible doing it.

Take care.

J
on 8/27/08 7:11 am - Lumberton, NJ
Hi Jenny:
I LOVE yoga!!  I did it pretty regularly for about 1 year.  I gained so much upper body strength from it!!  Unfortunately, since I've started running, I haven't been able to fit it into my schedule (I also dance - tap and jazz - two nights a week - just not enough days in the week to do everything I want - LOL), but I really did enjoy the benefits of it!

When you get into it more, you will see there are times you can get your heart rate up also.  I really do miss it .
JennyA
on 8/28/08 12:14 am - Eagan, MN
You are one busy girl.  Sounds like you are having a great time.

Take care.

J
on 8/28/08 4:05 am - Lumberton, NJ
Haa!  Too bad I have to work, or I could do all the things I want to do.  Glad you enjoyed the yoga class!!
Mona
on 8/30/08 6:04 am
VSG on 02/16/07 with
I have actually traded out some cardio and weights for yoga because of the results I'm getting....believe it or not.  I had a friend who preached to me about yoga for a year before I tried it.  I thought "what's the big deal?  it's just glorified stretching", and I still believe that to be basically true, but apparently it's very beneficial to our bodies.  I no longer have back or shoulder pain, and I've added some definition, especially to my shoulders and abs.  I just love it, rarely skip it and I really look forward to it (unlike my other exercise, which I enjoy but don't love).  It also helps with stress.  Overall it's a good thing!  I'm glad you've found the 'oooommmmm' and hope you have the same positive outcomes as I have.
At or below goal since 5/08....without mal-absorption!
Most Active