Thanks Linn

MaryS
on 8/26/08 11:10 pm - Long Island, NY
I have a problem with all or nothing thinking - it is probably one of the big reasons I gained as much weight as I did - I was either on a diet or eating all out!  Anyone in one of Linn's recent posts she talked about finished her Saturday long run on Sunday.  The goal was to get all the miles in.  I've read about splitting up runs between the morning and evening as a strategy also.  Of course, I've never applied that concept to myself, either I got my run in or I didn't.  Something clicked for me when I read Linn's post and I've applied it the last couple of times I've been to the gym.  I wanted to run about 4 miles, but didn't get to the gym earlier enough to get all 4 in before my training session.  So, the lightbulb went off and I realized I could go back after the session and finish my run!   Thanks Linn!!

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Linn D.
on 8/27/08 10:19 am - Missoula, MT
Hey Mary!

The only time I really try not doing that is the long run days, primarily because the point is to get the body used to that feet time.  However, on most any other day, I don't see it as a problem.  Then again, there are those days/times it just doesn't work out for the long ones and I just do what I can...

Linn

Most Active