workout advice

rmrowland_74
on 8/26/08 1:17 am
Hi I am currently in school full time, work part-time and have two small children. Last fall I trained for a half marathon and ran about 25-30 miles a week and did weights 1-2X a wee****pt a perfect weight and felt great. With school, and all the stress I have gained 15 lbs and my knee is hurt and cant take all the running. Need advice on workout schedule to lose weight, and have great mental health. Running destresses me many times. I feel like im too busy now to train for a marathon or triathlon.
I was wondering about circuit training and doing more weights. Here is my sample workout week:
Monday Spin class 1hour
Tuesday Rest
Wednesday Spin 1 hour weights 30 minutes
Thursday run or elephical 1 hour
Friday Rest
Saturday-- Spin or run
Sunday Rest
I try to workout 3-4 times a week.

Please I need advice of weight loss and mental wellness.

Rachel
Scott William
on 8/26/08 3:52 am
How about training for a 5 or 10K.  The time commitment is not huge and you still get something to reach for. 

As far as the weight training, more muscle burns more calories at rest so putting on muscle is a good idea.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Rob S.
on 8/26/08 11:42 pm - DE
If you up the intensity on your spinning classes and watch your food intake you shouldn't have any trouble losing.  Turn up the gear to make the spin class more difficult.  Running on the other hand, for myself at least, increases my appetite.  So I do not use running to lose weight.  Weights are extremely helpful, and should be part of your normal routine.
Rob
Most Active