exercise equipment.. questions

sherry R.
on 8/25/08 3:39 pm
Hi all,

i am looking for an ellipitical trainier because everyone says they are great on the joints and such.

but i am a tall female 5 ft 9 in tall to be exact. and all the ellipiticals i have seen have been a stride length of 15 18 maybe 19. i am looking fo rone about 21 inches in stride length. If anyone knows of a website or something of that nature please post a link to this forum message. thanks.

or even any stores would be great as well.
Your faith is stronger than you think.  - my Mom
Weight: initial-320, , surgery- 291.2 now -205 had baby july 1, 2011 Regained to 242 (due to unemployment)  t goal weight _ what ever it ends at.
panhead58fl
on 8/25/08 11:23 pm - Barboursville, WV
I would suggest going to a gym or such and trying one out. I did and found that the elliptical machines hurt my knees, so I do the treadmill.

Your mileage may vary.

pan head
Seht
on 8/26/08 7:04 am
Yeah I second that.  I can't do the eliptical, they really mess with my hips.  While jogging/runing on the treadmill seems to be fine for me.

So if you haven't tried one, please consider that before you spend the money.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

miakawa
on 8/27/08 8:22 am - athens, GA
im 5'9 too and wound up having to pay over 1k for the most expensive one.. not just because of the height, but most of the devices had a 250 lb weight limit and this one had a 350 limit, which I needed when I bought it.  I dont remember the name.. bought it at Academy fitness.
Most Active