newbie at exercise, still obese.. question

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/08 12:17 pm, edited 8/29/08 3:15 am - WA

Linn D.
on 8/25/08 2:17 pm - Missoula, MT

I have no idea what kind of results you'd see.  Since you haven't exercised in years, it'll be important for you to start slowly and build good habits and make exercise a part of your daily life.  I train and race because that's how I stay motivated.  We all have our own thing that keeps us going, though.

It is suggested that you do aerobic exercise that elevates your heart rate for a minimum of 30 minutes 5 days a week.  You may not be able to do that at first, but will if you remain faithful to an exercise plan.

It often happens when you exercise more you have a greater appetite.  You'll just have to be certain you're not eating more while you increase the caloric expenditure through exercise.  Abdominal work can be done just about daily, but I would start with strength training 2 days a week at first.

Linn

pennisweet
on 8/26/08 5:05 am - Windsor, MO
I really don't have any words concerning your exersise routine because I don't how your doc would want you to start out.  It is always good to consult a doc before you start anything.  With you being overweight and not exersised in a while you will definitly want to start out slow and work your way up.  I will not do you much good to exersise and then no****ch what you eat (they sora go hand in hand).  Don't overwelm yourself at first because when someone starts out like that they get burned out easily.  You sound very determined and if you go about it in the right way you will suceed big time.  Good luck and God bless, Penni
Most Active