Virginia Beach Rock n Roll Half-Marathon next Sunday!

Rob S.
on 8/24/08 11:07 am - DE
Well, next week is my second half-marathon ever (also this year).  There are 12 water (and cytomax) stations and 14 bands along the route.  Looking forward to finishng this race.  I have two deep muscle massages scheduled this week, and hope to get in one 8-mile run by Wednesday before shutting down for the week (although I wil probably do couple of spinning sessions). 

My wife and niece (who lives on the beach) have already informed me that their plan is to go to breakfast and tha****ching sweating runners on the beach is not their ideal of a good time.  So I guess I'll just have to count on everyone else to get me through this event.
Rob
Linn D.
on 8/24/08 11:33 am - Missoula, MT
Rob,

I think you'll have a blast anyway!  The Rock and Rolls are really well run, and like you said, lots of aid stations and bands.  I've always had a good time at the one in Phoenix.

Linn
wjoegreen
on 8/24/08 11:41 am - Colonial Heights, VA
You inspire me Rob. 
Let me get this right,...your second this year and you are planning an 8 mile warmup Wednesday. I'm taking notes for my first half in Nov. 
My WLS surgeon got after me about wanting to get faster and going farther at my last checkup the end of July.  He thinks I'm nuts.  I'm just trying to keep up with you big dogs on the boards out here.  Keep doing what you enjoy and don't forget to post the results.  I'll be looking for them.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Rob S.
on 8/24/08 10:04 pm - DE

Hey Joe,
It's amazing how last year I would run 5k and be totally taxed, and now I actually enjoy the longer runs.  Of course, unlike the rest of you, I'm definitely not fast, but I do enjoy finishing.
Rob

MaryS
on 8/24/08 11:46 pm - Long Island, NY
Rob,

I'm sure you will have a great time!  I can't wait to hear about it.  Good luck!

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Seht
on 8/25/08 12:54 am
Go get em Rob,

Good luck next sunday, we'll be rooting for you.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

misstilly
on 8/25/08 6:14 am - Cosby, TN
Good luck Rob. I will be aiting to read your report.  I think it would be a blast to do one of the Rock & Rolls.

Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

Sporty Jill
on 8/27/08 5:53 am - Norfolk, VA
Hey Rob....maybe I'll see you there!  Just don't trip me when you run past me - haha.

I'll be the gal with the pink badana....WWWWAAAAYYYYY in the back!

Certified Personal Trainer

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna
Beginning Weight: 265  Current Weight:143 
So I run like a Girl....now keep up! 

Most Active